Too cold for fuel level sensor?

I went to fuel up my truck Saturday night when it was just under half tank mark, the pump stopped at 9.7x gallons. I was .30 cents away for a full dollar amount so I try to keep pumping, get there after 3 shuts offs from the handle(don't judge me ?).When I start up my truck, gauge reads the first tick over half tank. So I shut it off, turn it back on but wait for the gauges finish their little dance and then start it back up no change. I Drive off the my friends house, a few hours later drive home, gauge reads 3/4 full. Its been as low as -15 degrees some nights and up to 10 degrees on days. My truck does sit for weeks while I'm out for work, but this is the first time having this come up. I know there is fuel in there, I understand its cold and the truck sits, but I would think this would have came up the first winter here. Is there any other owners that live in the same temp range experiencing this? This morning the gauge still read 3/4, and I have not drove it anymore since then.  26 gallon tank, gauge was at just under half, pumped 9.7x gallons, close enough for me for a refuel at half tank to get to full.  2018 5.3 aboot 3,7xx miles 

Though my Sierra is in the garage most days, it does have to be out occasionally when traveling. Never had any issues with the fuel gauge not reporting accurately when its cold out.

15 hours ago, Bash74 said:

Not sure about a 2018 but never have a problem on a 2014 and 2015 even when it gets down to -60.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

-60! Where were you at!

No issues in Northern Canada with my K2's. Colder that a witch's tit. Been the warmest winter of my life this year but usually we are at -20 to -40c for most of Jan/Feb. Pour one of those little bottles of gas line antifreeze in the tank. Not sure how the gauges work if there is a eye sensor in the tank or a float style on a rod. If its a float style it could just be frosted up a bit.

Though my Sierra is in the garage most days, it does have to be out occasionally when traveling. Never had any issues with the fuel gauge not reporting accurately when its cold out.

-60! Where were you at!
Interior Alaska. This year coldest so far -49, but it does get to -60 some years.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk