YouTube Review 2020 GMC AT4

Taz56

I have the 2019 6.2 model myself

I think this guy does a good review, I agree with pretty much all of his points. 

I really agree (and I made a post on here) on how GM dropped the ball on the interior. Many people on here slammed me for it, oh well. LOL

After seeing this I want the brake package, I should have looked into that when I bought the truck.

I did not know that Ford and GM co-created the 10 speed transmission. 

nice truck...I too wish steering wheel was a lil "fatter" and I love column shifter, maybe not design but I dont want a dial or a console shifter....and I know GMC tailgate gets knocked but as my business is contruction I love that thing though I have chevy and don't have one....

I have grown to love all T1 trucks on the outside . but yeah the interior is terrible . They totally dropped the ball here , Such an afterthought . But as I have always said GM is king of bad interiors ( except for the new SUVs that just came out)  Here is to hoping the 2022 models get new center stack with 10 inch display option while the 8 inch becomes standard. 

lastly why not do a shorter column sihfter like the Benzs? Why does it have to get close to the vents for? jesus GM :(

Edited by f8l vnm

7 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

I have grown to love all T1 trucks on the outside . but yeah the interior is terrible . They totally dropped the ball here , Such an afterthought . But as I have always said GM is king of bad interiors ( except for the new SUVs that just came out)  Here is to hoping the 2022 models get new center stack with 10 inch display option while the 8 inch becomes standard. 

lastly why not do a shorter column sihfter like the Benzs? Why does it have to get close to the vents for? jesus GM :(

Anything but. GM went through tons of studies and focus groups. They followed up with owners and many loved and praised the 14 interior especially the layout as it was very truck oriented. They decided to give that setup a nip tuck and improved the materials and options then spend money on more truck related stuff (frame, bed, tech, etc). Then the Ram came out with a car interior and all of a sudden those buyers of the box checker models want pretty for some reason even though it doesn't work that well in a truck. I really hope they further give the interior another nip/tuck for this midcycle and don't fully redesign it or slap in a one of the SUV's dashes, it doesn't work as well for truck duty as it is a completely different demographic. Maybe a couple more inches in the center stack since they have the room and some higher end soft touch materials in other areas and the pretty boy trucks. People are already complaining about and questioning the long term reliability of the Ram interior, who wants that? My 14 is still rattle free and looking fantastic after 6 years and numerous trips loaded up for off road trips, I don't see the pretty Ram being able to do the same. Pretty and durable don't usually go hand in hand, remember that for what is being asked...

Tyler

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

Anything but. GM went through tons of studies and focus groups. They followed up with owners and many loved and praised the 14 interior especially the layout as it was very truck oriented. They decided to give that setup a nip tuck and improved the materials and options then spend money on more truck related stuff (frame, bed, tech, etc). Then the Ram came out with a car interior and all of a sudden those buyers of the box checker models want pretty for some reason even though it doesn't work that well in a truck. I really hope they further give the interior another nip/tuck for this midcycle and don't fully redesign it or slap in a one of the SUV's dashes, it doesn't work as well for truck duty as it is a completely different demographic. Maybe a couple more inches in the center stack since they have the room and some higher end soft touch materials in other areas and the pretty boy trucks. People are already complaining about and questioning the long term reliability of the Ram interior, who wants that? My 14 is still rattle free and looking fantastic after 6 years and numerous trips loaded up for off road trips, I don't see the pretty Ram being able to do the same. Pretty and durable don't usually go hand in hand, remember that for what is being asked...

Tyler

Exactly...I mean the Truck Got the money not the interior.  I too have a 2016 and the interior has exceeded my expectations other than the cheap ARSE 12 volt covers....Everything works and nothing rattles, no wind noise etc.  @100K+ it is a sound as when I bought it.  Rams sell that much cheaper because in 5+ years reality strikes and poor, stupid GM buyers just keep on truckin in their poor, stupid boring ol' GM TRUCK.

• Like 1

Yep plenty happy with my 19 AT4 interior. Also happy with my 17 suburban interior. I wouldn't want the suburban interior in the truck or the truck interior in the suburban. They each have their place. 

• Like 1

I know I am in the minority, but I love the interior.  And mine all works great, they can tout the Ram screen all they want, that is one bug infected system.  If I want a Tesla or the like, I'll buy one.  I wanted a truck, and did buy one ?

• Like 1