Safety restraint system

So a few weeks ago I had a alert to service safety restraint system. Happens every time I turn the truck on, the seat belt light stays on. GM did a diagnostic check and found a short/open at the front left impact sensor. They said it would cost between $500 to $800 depending on the issue. I ordered the sensor myself at $150 and changed it out. Still have my light on, GM said most likely the wiring so it would be along the $800 range to replace the wiring. Anyone have any suggestions before I go that rout? It’s a 2018 with 47k. I checked the wiring in the immediate area and all looked good ?‍♂️

First, be very careful disconnecting/reconnecting anything related to the airbags, or testing the wiring, as the airbags can fire.  GM has a very specific procedure for disabling the airbags before working on or near them.  I don't know what it is for your truck, I would suggest signing up for the full-service manual at a site like alldatadiy.com for it.

And just looking at the wiring in the area is a start.  The full-service manual will tell you the rest of what you need to do.

The dealer is quoting that much, because the job sucks and is tedious to do.  It's taking the covering off the wires for the whole length, physically examining the wires and connectors, testing for continuity & shorts between the wires, fixing the problem, then reassembling everything.  It may even be cheaper to just buy a new harness once you identify the section that has the problem.

I spoke to 3 separate dealers including the one I bought it from which is this massive gm dealer in concord NH. All said the same thing, it’s not covered... I checked a service sheet for different procedures and for a replacement of an impact sensor it was as simple as disconnecting the battery. I will say this. Reconnecting it I was turtle necking.. i have kids and, unfortunately I think my best and safest and fastest option is to just bring it to the dealer.. ?‍♂️