Why Such a Puny Sounding Horn?

The '19s a more than normal loudness .......have 2 horns, high and low note...... even the momentary keyfob confirm beep is loud.

GM pulled this crap once before......same days as the combo seat belt/ignition cutoff........I'm thinking my '74 Impala.....also had 2 horns but only sounded the low note.....sounded really stupid like a cheap one horn compact....... but at least had to slide a switch near the brake release to add the high note for a louder sound.

Stand in front of it and have someone honk it, I think you will realize it is much louder than it appears to be while your in cab. Can't believe some of the things people complain about these days. Especially on the T1'S. If there's things a person doesn't like about them why buy it and then complain.?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Booger T said:

Stand in front of it and have someone honk it, I think you will realize it is much louder than it appears to be while your in cab. Can't believe some of the things people complain about these days. Especially on the T1'S. If there's things a person doesn't like about them why buy it and then complain.?

No one is complaining Mr. Booger. If you read the post, you will see that it was funny, not a complaint. Don’t try to stir up another internet argument.

Would be surprised if there are at least some trucks that have horns that aren't working correctly. 

Maybe listen to some else's for comparison. 

(otoh, I can't say as I've gone out and listened to on of the new ones to compare with prev gen...)

Edited by redwngr

So I found it quite comical that a full size pickup has such a meh horn. I honked at someone and my wife couldn’t stop laughing at it. Enough to where she suggesting trying to change it lol. Are these horns terrible on all models?

If you think this horn is puny, you should hear the horn on a Honda Pilot, it sounds like it belongs on a toy car. Seriously my wife’s suv has the smallest sounding horn I’ve ever heard.

Although I’d disagree on the T1 horn; my T1 LT TB horn sounds fine. Maybe because I’m comparing to my wife’s Honda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1