Moving Rearview Mirror camera: 2020 Parts Diagrams?

I'm adding a camper to my 3500 AT4. I'd like to retain the review mirror camera, which means I have to move it from where it is, or at very least come up with an extension of some sort and put a different camera on the back of my camper.

I've been looking at parts diagrams, to try and figure out how to remove the "spoiler" from the back of the cab, that contains the camera and stop lamps.

Unfortunately, looking at list here: https://www.gmpartscenter.net/auto-parts/2020/gmc/sierra-3500-hd

...the parts seem to be for the 2019 - especially you can tell with the trailgate and front headlights.

Anyone know where I can find the actual parts diagrams for the 2020s?

Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, tbarn said:

You need to lower the headliner and remove 4 bolts and 8 nuts then release  2 or maybe 4 plastic retainers. Disconnect electrical connectors and remove the assembly.

5034048_gif.png

Where did you get this schematic? I’d lovevto get schematics like this for the whole truck.

Wow that is probably something I'm not comfortable doing at least in the first week of ownership :)

Thanks very much for the diagram.

I wish there was a way that you could choose which camera the rearview mirror displayed. The dealer told me you could but I don't see that anywhere.

Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys.  I spoke to this company, who make tailgate backup relocate kits.  They say they are actively working on a relocate kite for the rearview mirror fulltime camera.

If you call them, they will put you on a notify list when the product is released.

https://camerasource.com/

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 1:00 PM, Chris Condon said:

Hey Guys.  I spoke to this company, who make tailgate backup relocate kits.  They say they are actively working on a relocate kite for the rearview mirror fulltime camera.

If you call them, they will put you on a notify list when the product is released.

https://camerasource.com/

I have been talking to them since December 2019 and they keep telling me the same thing. I have made it work with all GM parts, but need a better mount for the camera. 

I did this to replace the tailgate camera on an SLT, but the camera angle on the spoiler camera appears to be about the same 45 degrees. I used the gm part number camera from an online gm parts dealer (around $89) and a 6 foot FAKRA cable from Pasternack that cost $40 shipped.  (Pasternack will make whatever you want in a FAKRA cable, and they were fast. Call them if you find their web site confusing. They had me on the phone almost immediately with a sales person and an engineer and figured out what to build for me in minutes. )

Anyway, I just made a housing by cutting up a pvc pipe fitting and it has worked great. That aluminum cross piece was already there to protect the door from being dented by the fold down step, and was at the perfect height, so I just bolted the fitting to it. 

0FFFE087-6AB6-4E88-846C-7BDCA9B2247E.jpeg

CFED9381-CCDA-41E9-8521-51D11049CEA2.jpeg