2014-2018 Silverado Center console swap

New to the forum, just recently purchased a 2017 Chevy Silverado LT. I have always been a full center console guy but I was just not able to find the right truck with a console. Long story short the truck I bought does not have the full center console. My question is can I pull a full center console from a 14-18 silverado/sierra in a salvage yard and install it in my truck?  Interested to see if anyone has done this or if anyone knows if it can be done.  Thanks

1 hour ago, Briandws said:

New to the forum, just recently purchased a 2017 Chevy Silverado LT. I have always been a full center console guy 

Welcome to this forum!  As already suggested,  there is no shortage of information and examples of this modification.  A full centre console looks good and provides a lot of  storage space.  The setup like you currently have also offers ample storage for personal items and refreshments.   My setup is like yours and I had often thought of doing the swap.  This was until my son and his wife had their third child.  Without a full console, you can carry five passengers along with the driver. You won't have as much room for handy "stuff"  but you'll have room for an extra passenger.   You can always find space for "stuff"  but if you make the switch  you reduce the passenger capacity of your truck.  I know this seems obvious but sometime we look at trucks without the centre console as somewhat less desirable.  The jump seat actually serves a purpose and can be an advantage over a full centre console.

14 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

This one is cheap. I'd jump on it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143541868716

It's not bad but it isn't complete so already up to $450 with s/h. No trim pieces, no inserts, probably no wiring harnesses either or the bracket for bolting it down in the front. I bet by time you gather the rest of the pieces you're up to $6-7-800 depending on where you get them from. I'd rather fully support @pgamboa and get a quality harness plus a BRAND NEW (not "plastic may be scuffed") center console.

18 hours ago, 1slochevy said:

Anybody know where I can find a black full middle console 

I already responded to you in the marketplace but get in touch with @pgamboa. He sells new consoles with wiring harness and the '18 upgrade to wireless charging lid too.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/29/2020 at 6:27 AM, xSHIFTxNASTYx said:

It's not bad but it isn't complete so already up to $450 with s/h. No trim pieces, no inserts, probably no wiring harnesses either or the bracket for bolting it down in the front. I bet by time you gather the rest of the pieces you're up to $6-7-800 depending on where you get them from. I'd rather fully support @pgamboa and get a quality harness plus a BRAND NEW (not "plastic may be scuffed") center console.

I already responded to you in the marketplace but get in touch with @pgamboa. He sells new consoles with wiring harness and the '18 upgrade to wireless charging lid too.

Anyone know how to get in contact with @pgamboa it says he is not receiving messages

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2021 at 11:01 PM, jscottl said:

You can get by without the front bracket. I didn't put one in my truck.

How did you secure it under the dash? The front mounting bracket is the last part I need (I thought) but if I don’t need it, I’ll start my swap today. 

12 hours ago, Joshein89 said:

How did you secure it under the dash? The front mounting bracket is the last part I need (I thought) but if I don’t need it, I’ll start my swap today. 

I didn't. The four bolts on the floor are plenty enough to hold it.

13 minutes ago, jscottl said:

I didn't. The four bolts on the floor are plenty enough to hold it.

Great, thanks! I will go without then so I don’t have to wait for the bracket to be delivered. I appreciate your help! How long did the swap take you, out of curiosity?

14 hours ago, Joshein89 said:

Great, thanks! I will go without then so I don’t have to wait for the bracket to be delivered. I appreciate your help! How long did the swap take you, out of curiosity?

About an hour