Upper control arms 2019 Trail Boss leveled

Before I get beat up, yes I put the 1.5 under strut Motofab level spacer on my Trailboss. Been driving it for 5 months with no problems. 

Let's just say I want to put some new uca's on to avoid any issues with the joint angle in the future. Give me some good direction on replacements.

Thanks

it doesn't matter....just range of motion for amt of lift you have, the ball just has more rotation, any are gonna be a lot better than stock

13 minutes ago, Swiftks said:

If you want my honest answer, my opinion is Camburg is the best:

https://camburg.com/shop/suspension/camburg-chevygmc-1500-2wd4wd-19-20-kinetik-series-billet-upper-arms/

Also, Icon and Baja Kits are very reputable as well.

Great set of billets. These delta joint ICONs are just as great and a little more budget friendly 

https://iconvehicledynamics.com/accessory/15368/icon-accessories-19-up-gm-1500-tubular-uca-dj-kit/

Edited by TheTicketTX

their are ton of them out there, but really you just need the rotation and easily greaseable and replaceable joint be nice.....if you want to dump crazy money on them for sure they will more than oblige you, lol...…

mazulla, cognito, krypto  and Ben @  filthy motorsports recommended SPC (adjustable and easily replaceable ball joint) to me, though they didn't have one ready last I checked

the camburg tubular is a better deal and more than enough....

RC, readylift and all susp lift co have them as well and would fix the issue and be way better than stock...….as long as your not smashing whoops at 60 MPH.....

you can spend $400 or $1400 or go really big with this

19+ Silverado/Sierra 1500 4WD Prerunner Kit

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1

Was just reading up on these. The guys at Filthy Motorsports claim that uniballs need to be replaced every 3-4 oil changes which is way too much maintenance for me. They also say that those billet designs while they look awesome create a much more jarring ride as there is no bushing to smooth things out, the benefit is improved feedback in the steering wheel if you’re getting real sporty. Originally I was planning to go big with the Mazzulla ones but now I’m leaning towards the Camburg with Moog problem solvers ball joints... wish Camburg offered the tubular arm with ball joint like they do for Tacoma’s for our trucks...

1 hour ago, Kintnerboyredoubt said:

Was just reading up on these. The guys at Filthy Motorsports claim that uniballs need to be replaced every 3-4 oil changes which is way too much maintenance for me. They also say that those billet designs while they look awesome create a much more jarring ride as there is no bushing to smooth things out, the benefit is improved feedback in the steering wheel if you’re getting real sporty. Originally I was planning to go big with the Mazzulla ones but now I’m leaning towards the Camburg with Moog problem solvers ball joints... wish Camburg offered the tubular arm with ball joint like they do for Tacoma’s for our trucks...

https://iconvehicledynamics.com/accessory/15368/icon-accessories-19-up-gm-1500-tubular-uca-dj-kit/

On 3/7/2020 at 4:52 PM, TheTicketTX said:

I saw those. To be perfectly honest after seeing a cutaway of the design, I’m not convinced there is any real benefit over the Moog problems solvers ball joint but I’m no engineer. The SPC ones look really nice but they don’t have one for our trucks yet.

Skip to 17:54 for cut aways of the Moog and icon for your viewing pleasure.

Edited by Kintnerboyredoubt
  • Like 1

I emailed Camburg regarding the longevity of uniballs and the possibility of a ball joint UCA. This was the response I received.

“That is something we're looking into right now to offer. We’re designing and developing the ball-joints. It will be months before we have them available though.

Uniballs last longer than 10k miles, but do require a little added maintenance of keeping them clean. A ball-joint with a boot and encased in grease holds up to harsher wet environments better than a uniball.  Which one to go with depends on where you live, the conditions you're using the truck and how you're using it. They both have pro's and con's to one another”

• Confused 1

I saw that UCA video of ben awhile back (actually he sent it to me).....really cool how he really tears everything apart....greasable and replaceable is nice, especially if you don't have to take it off the truck to do it

sure anyone of these would last longer than our factory UCA's....

3 hours ago, Dunn said:

I saw that UCA video of ben awhile back (actually he sent it to me).....really cool how he really tears everything apart....greasable and replaceable is nice, especially if you don't have to take it off the truck to do it

sure anyone of these would last longer than our factory UCA's....

Yea absolutely they will last longer with any amount of lift the factory UCA is at its limit. I get analysis paralysis anytime I try to pick out a part, think I know exactly the one I want and then end up second guessing myself. I live up north and although they don’t use salt on the roads (yet) the chemical they do use (magnesium chloride) is pretty hard on any raw metal so I don’t think uniball UCA’s are a good option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kintnerboyredoubt said:

Yea absolutely they will last longer with any amount of lift the factory UCA is at its limit. I get analysis paralysis anytime I try to pick out a part, think I know exactly the one I want and then end up second guessing myself. I live up north and although they don’t use salt on the roads (yet) the chemical they do use (magnesium chloride) is pretty hard on any raw metal so I don’t think uniball UCA’s are a good option.

Magnesium chloride IS most definitely a salt and yes, it is far more corrosive to metal than sodium chloride (table/rock salt).

19 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Magnesium chloride IS most definitely a salt and yes, it is far more corrosive to metal than sodium chloride (table/rock salt).

Interesting. The odd thing is that you don’t see the onslaught of rust on vehicles over here (eastern Washington state) that you see on vehicles coming from the north east.

Kevin, same truck same level kit here.  I finally decided on the Rough Country forged aluminum arms (of course apples and oranges compared with the big boy stuff) but for a stock replacement with improved angle they are much higher quality than I expected and will be direct fit.  The bushings are same as factory arms, the ball joint seems decent.  I don't have any reason to go all out and I tend to not keep trucks very long so I don't want to give away big $ mods.  These fit my needs for $399. 

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-forged-aluminum-upper-control-arms-29501.html 

Edited by Leevon