6.2 mpg and 1/8 track time.

47 minutes ago, smrr1 said:

That is interesting. I have never heard off that. I kinda doubt it because anytime i have hit a limiter it has not been in top gear. Its restricted based on tire ratings so i don't think the gear has any role in the limiter. On a camaro that could he completely different since the tires are probably rated for more than the car will do. 

It be a while, but I think I was either in 4 gear or fifth when mine hit, and it hit hard truck was still pulling hard

On 3/10/2020 at 11:06 PM, SILVER SLED said:

That’s one hell of a 60 ft time.  My 13.08 second all wheel drive TrailblazerSS never 60 footed that good.  

I was thinking the same thing. I used to race my 06 GTO and ran a 12.42 at 114 and my 60 ft was never that good. If i could have had a 60 ft like that i would dropped a few tenths. 

On 3/7/2020 at 4:20 PM, Red highcountry said:

my calculation is 13.68, governor is 114 for this truck.

I just checked my 2018 6.2 tune with hptuners and mine is set to 135 from the factory.

28 minutes ago, Gagliano7 said:

I just checked my 2018 6.2 tune with hptuners and mine is set to 135 from the factory.

Wow. Wonder what mine is. Have seen 113 but it didn't stop, i did. 

1 hour ago, Gagliano7 said:

Wow interesting all the one around I know of with out tune to move limiter out they was 98,With tune like my ss it will run past factory setting,With a tune that is.Suprise you don't throw your drive line out.

18 hours ago, Red highcountry said:

Wow interesting all the one around I know of with out tune to move limiter out they was 98,With tune like my ss it will run past factory setting,With a tune that is.Suprise you don't throw your drive line out.

I have never been past 80 mph

21 hours ago, smrr1 said:

Wow. Wonder what mine is. Have seen 113 but it didn't stop, i did. 

I am also interested, so far 114 is the most and 102 is the least mph before computer shut it down, However,  the 2019-20 has the highest mph limiter from factory. That is of any gm production truck, Keep us posted on where your's fall in at.Thank's

7 minutes ago, lexoverrex said:

Trivia:

'83 6.2s with-the-Early-Heads got similar mileage.  No governor but I suspect lower gearing - I have never taken mine over maybe 70mph, though it will go faster.  Later 6.2s of that era different heads, more power, much less economy, I've read.

Is that 1983 year model 6.2???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/7/2020 at 2:07 PM, Red highcountry said:

Decent fuel mileage for 6.2 this was with down town driving with several red light's, running as fast as 75 mph with cruise control on. Also best 1/8 time with slip.

image000000-2.jpg

image000000.jpg

Crew cab short bed or standard bed?

max tow or no?