New to Forum

I am picking up my 2019 Custom Trail Boss/Z51 today.

Was on fence between Custom and LT and I know the LT has some bells and whistles but in my mind couldn't justify the difference in price.

Getting engaged this year and that rock cost a bit of cash, ha! Also we are planning on renting our homes (we each own our own houses) and buying bigger house so budget was tight.

Took it to Chevy dealer and truck is clean as a whistle. It is Satin Gray (or whatever color is) and is fully de-badged and is flawless but has 17k miles.  

I don't drive much so was cool with the miles.

Got the Truck for 31.5k which I am happy with.

What's driving me bananas are two things (well 4 actually but two I cant fix ha).

Things driving me nuts are:

• The 7" infotainment screen vs the 8" in LT
    • Pretty much SOL with that one and Android Auto/Apple Carplay work so thats fine.
  • The DRL LED's
    • Pretty much SOL again with that one as the price to get all that lighting would have been price of an LT and I would have just gotten that one.
    • Question is do the plug in "LED" bulbs work and will they ruin my wiring (overheating etc etc) or are they just plug and play to get that white light look.
  • Running Boards
    • I have been reading post after post on here in regards to these and just dont know what to pull trigger on.
    • What are pros and cons of Wheel to Wheel running boards? I think I like that look better.
    • Are the N-Fab nerf steps junk? Can you guys post some pics of your Double Cab Silverados with Step/Nerf Bars?
  • GM OEM Fog Lights.
    • I am going to call one of these warehouse suppliers and order them today less than 250 bucks.
    • Is it better to go Chevy and have them install and flash the truck or go to a "custom" shop and have them work their magic?
    • I just want to get this done asap as it drives me bananas.

SO anything I should look out for etc?  I am looking forward to running board suggestions as I want order and get them on asap as well.  

Once the Fog lights are in and Running boards on I will be so in love with my truck!!

Im glad to be part of the community!

Sav

• 1 month later...