33/11.50/R20

What do you guys think? It is 3/4 of an inch total whith bigger and same size around. Thought on the Nitto Ridge Grappler fitting on the stock 20” wheels stock height 2020 Sierra 4x4 SLT with the Z31 package?

https://www.discounttire.com/fitmentresult/tires/size/33-11.5-20

Not 100% convinced I want to lift the truck, but I like the wider stance look.

Do you want them to be a LT tire though?

That will add a ton of rolling weight and can make for a worse ride. And fuel mileage is likely drop a noticeable amount.

Edited by CamGTP

28 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

Do you want them to be a LT tire though?

That will add a ton of rolling weight and can make for a worse ride. And fuel mileage is likely drop a noticeable amount.

I mean I do not want to add a ton of weight If I can avoid it. I just am looking for a little more aggressive tire with out having to level or lift. 

I guess what I am looking for is whats the widest I can go then?

Edited by Londart2020

I did some rough research and looks like a P275/60/20 is about 48lbs per tire in that Ridge Grappler. If you did a 33/11.50 sized tire in a LT that would be 67-68lb/hr tire, that is a ton of extra weight to get moving per corner.

Then I did a 285/60/20 which is basically the same size as the 33/11.50 and those are 62lbs each but they also look to only come in a LT rating.

Going to a larger tire is putting you into 34in tire size and pretty sure you will rub really bad without a lift.

A 285/60 is .5 taller than a 275/60 and it goes from 10.8in to 11.2in wide. With stock wheels you should measure how much room you have now at full lock between control arms and bumpers, that homework will give you the best answers for how wide you can go.

I'm sure this topic has been beaten to death already.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 6:51 PM, FWaT4 said:

I have the 35x11.50 on my AT4 without lift although I will add a 1" up front in the future just for looks. Yes they are heavier than stock but they ride very smooth for what they are.

IMG_2192.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2322.jpg

Thank you for the info. As we know though, the AT4 comes with a 2" lift.

I had 305/50/R20s which are basically a 33 x 11.50.  Had a 2" front spacer and 1.5" rear block.  No rub at all, but it was really close to the UCA.   They were the Nitto Ridge Grapple PXL rated ones, not the LT ones.  They rode super smooth and quiet.  However they killed my mpg by about 3mpg.   I thought that was odd since they are the same diameter as my stock tires and relatively light, but maybe the extra width created too much rolling resistance.  I swapped them for 275/60r20 BFGs and they get better MPG but still slightly less than stock since heavier.  They are louder than the Ridge Grapplers, but not much. 

My next tire will likely be the Terra Grapplers.  Had them on old truck and they were super quiet and had really good wear properties.  Also got great MPG with the PXL versions.

Edited by Ezekiel2517