Seems you’d have to buy the blower and PCM separately, then find someone to tune it. I’m curious to see why ProCharger’s approach will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i see you responded in the other thread, i edited this post.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Do you think there will at some point be packages we can do ourselves or do you foresee always needing to see a tuner?

You will need a tuner that has the right equipment. No way around that. There will not be any handheld tuning for this platform.

Luckily I have all the equipment needed as well as the tuning knowledge to do it, since I do this everyday.

You will need a tuner that has the right equipment. No way around that. There will not be any handheld tuning for this platform.

Luckily I have all the equipment needed as well as the tuning knowledge to do it, since I do this everyday.

Yea... I wish you were a touch closer lol I think I read that Procharger is saying there not will come with tuning...? And unlocked and flashes HP Tuners ECU I’d assume?

From what I've heard and pretty much seen, the 19 Silverado's are basically un-tunable,  thanks to GM for making it next to impossible to crack the ECU and TCM . No manufacturer I've looked into is developing anything for it as it's not profitable for them . I believe HP tuners sells a new ECU that you can program but the cost is around $3000 just for the ECU and then to program it and you still need the TCM with programming.  I could be wrong and if anyone knows something new please feel free to correct me as I would love to drop a supercharger and tune in my 2019 LTZ. 

From what I've heard and pretty much seen, the 19 Silverado's are basically un-tunable,  thanks to GM for making it next to impossible to crack the ECU and TCM . No manufacturer I've looked into is developing anything for it as it's not profitable for them . I believe HP tuners sells a new ECU that you can program but the cost is around $3000 just for the ECU and then to program it and you still need the TCM with programming.  I could be wrong and if anyone knows something new please feel free to correct me as I would love to drop a supercharger and tune in my 2019 LTZ. 

From prochargers site: "ECU programming provided (complete system only)". From what has been posted online the cost for the complete setup will be around 8 to 9 grand.

• Thanks 1

From prochargers site: "ECU programming provided (complete system only)". From what has been posted online the cost for the complete setup will be around 8 to 9 grand.

Procharger is going to supply programming but it will still require an unlocked ECM and a GM MDI along with HP Tuners on the install end.
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LvnInHB said:

You're a little over on price and missing a little information.

A new computer is $1,400 plus the credits. Credits to unlock will run you $500. We are $1,900 total for now and it would only cost you another $300 if you didn't have HP Tuners to begin with.

There is no TCM support as of yet.

https://www.hptuners.com/product/e90-modified-ecm-purchase-ecm-exchange-service/

2 hours ago, CamGTP said:

You're a little over on price and missing a little information.

A new computer is $1,400 plus the credits. Credits to unlock will run you $500. We are $1,900 total for now and it would only cost you another $300 if you didn't have HP Tuners to begin with.

There is no TCM support as of yet.

https://www.hptuners.com/product/e90-modified-ecm-purchase-ecm-exchange-service/

Nice, I appreciate the information . I checked out the links you provided . I would like to ask, lets say (hypothetically that is) one was to go the procharger route once available and gets the HP Tuner ECU Exchange and all the required software / hardware necessary to tune the ECU, what if anything else is required? What if anything does the TCU have to do with this setup ? Again thanks for your input.

Ideally you would need/want a wideband o2 sensor for monitoring real time air fuel ratio's. These GM trucks only come equipped with narrowband o2 sensors and not Lambda/AFR sensor like you need to watching fueling.

This would be wanted for the person that chooses to tweak stuff or wants to know how things are going inside the engine. It's always a good thing to know because what if for whatever reason it went lean under boost and if you saw that on the gauge you could let out before damaged happened. Obviously you eyes won't be glued to it all the time but you get what I'm after here.

A per-made calibration for the most part should be fine, otherwise they wouldn't sell supercharger kits. I would say the vast majority of people that buy kits from Magnuson or Edlebrock etc etc have no idea what's going on because it's all plug and play with a 125hp bump over stock.

If there was TCM support it would hopefully allow you to calibrate the transmission to better handle the power. Who's know when and if that will become available for the new trucks.

• Thanks 1

You cant turn off DFM or tune the trans so these blower companies will have to set the bypass valve to not allow boost too soon or at low rpm in higher gears. Making power on the dyno is easy. The drivability quirks are the hard part.

Even on the 17-19 AFM 8/10 speed stuff that does mot include transmission tuning due to the locked TCM, you can make vast improvements in drivability with trans tuning.

TCM access to the T93 will be key in the future to being able to really tune these trucks, especially with forced induction and/or wheel/tire/gear changes. We shall see...

• Thanks 1