2020 Tow Mirrors - AT4

Looking to purchase an AT4 in the near future & from what I found after searching is if the truck doesn't come from the factory with the tow mirrors you're SOL?

I've seen posts of guys talking about swapping, but has anyone actually done it?

Yes. I have. Working on it today and I have the accessory tow mirrors fully functional on a 2019 model no less. Now remember, there are different levels of tow mirrors. The ones that are purchased on the accessory site are basic. They include rear facing LED courtesy lights, parking lamps, turn signals, heat, and power adjust. They DO NOT have 360 cam's, power fold, power extend, etc.

You CAN get those. But they are on backorder. You'd have to order from parts department.

12 hours ago, SamDSJR said:

Yes. I have. Working on it today and I have the accessory tow mirrors fully functional on a 2019 model no less. Now remember, there are different levels of tow mirrors. The ones that are purchased on the accessory site are basic. They include rear facing LED courtesy lights, parking lamps, turn signals, heat, and power adjust. They DO NOT have 360 cam's, power fold, power extend, etc.

You CAN get those. But they are on backorder. You'd have to order from parts department.

Read your post closer - you're saying the top tier mirrors are available but on backorder? Would you happen to have the part # ?

2 minutes ago, chris84 said:

Read your post closer - you're saying the top tier mirrors are available but on backorder? Would you happen to have the part # ?

Negative. I do not. I never even seriously inquired. Only asked the parts guy as I don't have a top tier trim model. I'll do what I can to help you find them though.

Looking to purchase an AT4 in the near future & from what I found after searching is if the truck doesn't come from the factory with the tow mirrors you're SOL?

I've seen posts of guys talking about swapping, but has anyone actually done it?

Where you located? I’d love to switch. Mine are top tier. Technology package. Etc.

• 4 weeks later...

So theelementalcashew and I just swapped.  I have a 2020 AT4, fully loaded, and he has the exact same truck but 2019.  Mine came with tow mirrors but I prefer the smaller ones.  Everything works BUT the cameras are gonna need recalibration (see photo from mine, now with smaller mirrors).  We lost the parking lines when in reverse and there’s a weird slice on my view where the camera must be programmed for a different angle.  My dealer thinks they can reprogram and plans to try next Tuesday.  Only other thing is the rear facing lights on the tow mirrors don’t work on his truck but we knew that going in.

D728F58B-04E0-4A46-A4B6-3783C7F47A92.jpeg

16 hours ago, TNAT4 said:

So theelementalcashew and I just swapped.  I have a 2020 AT4, fully loaded, and he has the exact same truck but 2019.  Mine came with tow mirrors but I prefer the smaller ones.  Everything works BUT the cameras are gonna need recalibration (see photo from mine, now with smaller mirrors).  We lost the parking lines when in reverse and there’s a weird slice on my view where the camera must be programmed for a different angle.  My dealer thinks they can reprogram and plans to try next Tuesday.  Only other thing is the rear facing lights on the tow mirrors don’t work on his truck but we knew that going in.

Did y'all swap door harness' too?

7 minutes ago, pewterliftedz said:

Did y'all swap door harness' too?

No we didn't swap harnesses.  Its difficult to get the door harness out and I'm not certain that would help the video processing.  That might have helped his issue with the rear facing LED light on the tow mirror working, but not certain.  

6 minutes ago, TNAT4 said:

No we didn't swap harnesses.  Its difficult to get the door harness out and I'm not certain that would help the video processing.  That might have helped his issue with the rear facing LED light on the tow mirror working, but not certain.  

Yah I'm assuming that if you did, he would have all LED functions active.

On 4/21/2020 at 8:19 PM, TNAT4 said:

Thanks for the info

To add onto what TNAT4 said, the turn signals/running lights are not operable on my truck either. The task lights and puddle lamps are swapped in the wiring, so when I unlock my truck in the dark the task lights come on instead. As in his situation, I lost front and rear parking lines and my side cameras are slightly skewed. And the rear facing LEDs don’t work.

What does work: cameras, power adjust, power fold, heat, blind zone detection. Hopefully most of the other things will be functional once I figure out how to swap wires in the harness, or get my hands on the part number for the correct door harness.

78c1cbdd38c1fb773b67ee6731237c2a.jpg

6 hours ago, TheElementalCashew said:

To add onto what TNAT4 said, the turn signals/running lights are not operable on my truck either. The task lights and puddle lamps are swapped in the wiring, so when I unlock my truck in the dark the task lights come on instead. As in his situation, I lost front and rear parking lines and my side cameras are slightly skewed. And the rear facing LEDs don’t work.

What does work: cameras, power adjust, power fold, heat, blind zone detection. Hopefully most of the other things will be functional once I figure out how to swap wires in the harness, or get my hands on the part number for the correct door harness.

Yah I figured there would be lighting issues without swapping door harness', you should be able to take his VIN number to your local dealer and order the harness for both sides

13 hours ago, TheElementalCashew said:

Did you see this? Don't know if the wiring would be the same from 19 to 20. Keep us updated on how you get it to work