L83 UPGRADING THROTTLE BODY & MANIFOLD

your bolt ons did not add 40 horsepower, more like 10hp if your lucky ,  what did make you more power was improving or turning on the (PE) power enrichment in the ecu and improving the accellerator pump effect, GM likes to turn this off if not disable it in their big trucks for emmisions reasons.

You are very wrong. Peak power gains over the stock tune can be close to that with these engines with longtube headers, catless exhaust, intake and tune. Under the curve gains are even better with proper tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, flyingfool said:

your bolt ons did not add 40 horsepower, more like 10hp if your lucky ,  what did make you more power was improving or turning on the (PE) power enrichment in the ecu and improving the accellerator pump effect, GM likes to turn this off if not disable it in their big trucks for emmisions reasons.

So, if you read my post, you'd notice that I also got it tuned.  Also being the driver of my truck, I can tell you that even with my larger and heavier tires, it runs faster than my truck did stock.  I am not incorrect in my statement of extra HP.  Cold air intake alone added more than 10HP.  Don't bore us with your ignorant opinions.

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2020 at 11:10 PM, flyingfool said:

this guy is running 87 octane and he's concerned with adding a bigger throttle body? 

you get more for your money installing the E85 sensor...

i'm actually running 93 now. I did state I was looking for advice on which fuel to run so instead of bashing why not be helpful. 

3 hours ago, Norcent said:

i'm actually running 93 now. I did state I was looking for advice on which fuel to run so instead of bashing why not be helpful. 

From factory mine's recommended 93.  Doing lots of research, there is a higher concentration of detergents in 93, and it burns cleaner.  I've never put a drop of anything else in it, so I'm not sure for comparison sake, but the engine/power have never been an issue.  Just having cleaned my throttle body, it looked like there was less than 5k miles of wear on it.  Virtually no carbon buildup at all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Norcent said:

sorry was in a mood... lol  : )

i haven't done it yet , but the hot rodders install the e85 sensor and run that for more powwa

Edited by flyingfool
  • Like 1