L83 UPGRADING THROTTLE BODY & MANIFOLD

I looking to upgrade my truck some more after all the chaos ends. I would like to upgrade the throttle body and intake manifold but I do have some questions. I see the L86 is a direct bolt on but I also here a lot on the porting jobs done on the L83 bodies / manifolds.... So which one is better?  My current truck is a  2018 Silverado with the 5.3L S&B CAI with Borla S-Type exhaust with a Diablo tune. currently running 87 octane (can't decide what i truly want to run...advice is always welcome)

if you dont buy that intake tube, do you just buy a 4" silicone coupler? got a link to that tube ?

I made this one and I’ve made another one for a 6.2 truck getting it powder coated tomorrow and it ships out soon. If you want one, I can pm you the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/26/2020 at 9:57 AM, Norcent said:

I looking to upgrade my truck some more after all the chaos ends. I would like to upgrade the throttle body and intake manifold but I do have some questions. I see the L86 is a direct bolt on but I also here a lot on the porting jobs done on the L83 bodies / manifolds.... So which one is better?  My current truck is a  2018 Silverado with the 5.3L S&B CAI with Borla S-Type exhaust with a Diablo tune. currently running 87 octane (can't decide what i truly want to run...advice is always welcome)

I saw online today Jet Performance makes a performance throttle body.  It has updated programming in it, plus the opening is grooved for improved airflow.  Is this the one you were looking at or is there something else?  

• Haha 1

I saw online today Jet Performance makes a performance throttle body.  It has updated programming in it, plus the opening is grooved for improved airflow.  Is this the one you were looking at or is there something else?  

Anything from jet performance for obd2 vehicles is a joke and does not work or make a difference. Simply placebo effect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emaxxer86 said:

Anything from jet performance for obd2 vehicles is a joke and does not work or make a difference. Simply placebo effect.

I am under the same impression.  It basically just looked like a ported throttle body.

this guy is running 87 octane and he's concerned with adding a bigger throttle body? 

you get more for your money installing the E85 sensor...

You’d be surprised what gains are possible with simple bolt-ons and tune with the L83 and L86 engines even still on 87 octane.

• Thanks 1

I did K&N CAI, Borla ATAK catback, and Blackbear Tune on my 6.2.... 93 Octane.  If I were to drive a stock 6.2 now, I'd probably be super disappointed.  My bolt ons and tune probably added about 40HP.. maybe more?  Also no more AFM makes the truck more compliant.  I also have gotten slightly better MPG since removing it as well.

Edited by DENALIHD66
  • Like 1

your bolt ons did not add 40 horsepower, more like 10hp if your lucky ,  what did make you more power was improving or turning on the (PE) power enrichment in the ecu and improving the accellerator pump effect, GM likes to turn this off if not disable it in their big trucks for emmisions reasons.