15 silvy LT headlight upgrade help

I've been searching through all the headlight mod pages on here and there are so many options out there. Kinda overwhelming.

I want to upgrade the headlights on my 15 Lt. 

I'd like to get away from the halogens "yellow" lights and have a black or paintable frames to color match them.

Help me find what I need.

1 hour ago, heiner921 said:

I've been searching through all the headlight mod pages on here and there are so many options out there. Kinda overwhelming.

I want to upgrade the headlights on my 15 Lt. 

I'd like to get away from the halogens "yellow" lights and have a black or paintable frames to color match them.

Help me find what I need.

Do a retrofit. The front frame comes off too. Paint it

I was hoping to use these headlights.

Wish I knew if these frames could be removed to paint, and also add a DRL in the center.

Anyone have them?

Screenshot_20200328-130800_Chrome.jpg

It’s all about optics. Looks only

get you so far, while performance is where it’s at. 

Good(not recommended) - put in some quality led bulbs of HID bulbs in the stock LT reflector lights. You’ll have the color you are looking for, but they’ll glare and blind others on the road. 

Better - go with some aftermarket lights that have the smoked look you want and still upgrade the bulbs. Note that most aftermarket projector lights will use a crappy H1 projector which will limit the bulbs you can go with, and they have a tendency to leak. 

Best - Retrofit your lights with some HID projectors or MLED (if you have the money). I bought a set of OEM projectors and swapped some Md2s projectors in from FastHeadlights.com. They also sell a kit to retrofit your LT lights. LTZ are a plug and play kit, while you’ll have to bake and open the LT lights to put in some projectors. 

As far as the trim, you can either buy some aftermarket trim that’s painted, or take yours off and paint it yourself. It’s easy to do. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cbrsilv15 said:

It’s all about optics. Looks only

get you so far, while performance is where it’s at. 

Good(not recommended) - put in some quality led bulbs of HID bulbs in the stock LT reflector lights. You’ll have the color you are looking for, but they’ll glare and blind others on the road. 

Better - go with some aftermarket lights that have the smoked look you want and still upgrade the bulbs. Note that most aftermarket projector lights will use a crappy H1 projector which will limit the bulbs you can go with, and they have a tendency to leak. 

Best - Retrofit your lights with some HID projectors or MLED (if you have the money). I bought a set of OEM projectors and swapped some Md2s projectors in from FastHeadlights.com. They also sell a kit to retrofit your LT lights. LTZ are a plug and play kit, while you’ll have to bake and open the LT lights to put in some projectors. 

As far as the trim, you can either buy some aftermarket trim that’s painted, or take yours off and paint it yourself. It’s easy to do. 

Ditto!

My old lights. I never did a retrofit because I was unaware and naive. I painted the trim and my grill surround while I had it apart. I added klearz, but they also make smoked lenses that you might like. 

F3F60C0E-0057-4F11-AAFF-8C02515668B0.jpeg

Edited by cbrsilv15

8 minutes ago, heiner921 said:

Thank,

I'm really not looking to.drop a ton of $$ on headlight

Just know I need to upgrade from these reflector/halogen setup

Then your best bet is buying Diode Dynamics SL1 LED bulbs. They mimic the factory beam meaning you won't blind other drivers. If I were you do that and save up to do what he did^^

9 minutes ago, heiner921 said:

Thank,

I'm really not looking to.drop a ton of $$ on headlight

Just know I need to upgrade from these reflector/halogen setup

I was in the same boat. I wish I just did it right the first time. It would have been cheaper and easier. Buy once, cry once. 

So if I wanted to spend the money and upgrade the LT lights, this is the way to go?

2014+ Chevy Silverado Mini H1 Retrofit kit (LT trucks only)

https://www.fastheadlights.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=buy_chevy_minih1_kit

And I'd also swap the Amber's to klearz.

https://klearz.com/products/chevrolet/14-15_silverado_headlight_markers

Prob have my buddy that tints for a living, tint the whole lens for a smoked look.

$300 for retro, $100 for klearz and have to open lights up and do the work.

Or plus buy ltz headlights, and still have to open them up to do the klearz, an also upgrade the projectors, and have my buddy tiny the lens

Or buy the aftermarket smoked lights I have listed in OP, swap the projects, still open them up to do klearz

Anything else?

Edited by heiner921