Will OEM 33 inch tire fit in spare spot?

This may be a dumb question but figured I would ask it anyway. For those trucks with the 275/60/20 tires (33 inch), if you get a flat will they regular tire fit back in the spare spot or does it have to go in the bed? GM gives you a 33 inch 255/80/17 temp spare, just wasn't sure it there was some strange issue that the full sized 33 inch tire won't fit back under there.

I thinking of getting a full sized spare with a matching 20 inch rim and 275/60/20 tire. Just want to make sure it will fit under truck.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

It should fit in the spot. its the diameter that matters if it will fit or not. it will be lower/more visible. 

But i would through mine in the bed so the tire guys don't have to deal with taking it down.

Leave a couple of zip ties in the truck to hold the cable up.

We really like when people do this at our shop. pisses us off when they put the tire back up in the spare location (Americas/Discount tire rep). 

Edited by BlancoSilverado
  • Like 1

It should fit in the spot. its the diameter that matters if it will fit or not. it will be lower/more visible. 
But i would through mine in the bed so the tire guys don't have to deal with taking it down.
Leave a couple of zip ties in the truck to hold the cable up.
We really like when people do this at our shop. pisses us off when they put the tire back up in the spare location (Americas/Discount tire rep). 
Thanks. I'm looking to permanently replace the temp spare for when I tow my TT and take long cross country trips. So it would always be up under the bed in the normal spare spot.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk