Government check

KARNUT

This is what I was going by Ryan. Not really sure what is correct but it is a hell of a lot of Money. This is from CBC Canada.

The United States contributed nearly $900 million US to the WHO's budget for 2018-19, according to information on the agency's website. That represents one-fifth of its total $4.4 billion budget for those years. The U.S. gave nearly three-fourths of the funds in "specified voluntary contributions" and the rest in "assessed" funding as part of Washington's commitment to UN institutions.

A more detailed WHO budget document provided by the U.S. mission in Geneva showed that in 2019, the U.S. provided $452 million, including nearly $119 million in assessed funding. In its most recent budget proposal from February, the Trump administration called for slashing the U.S. assessed funding contribution to the WHO to $57.9 million.

Last week, the head of the WHO gave a strident defence of his agency's handling of the pandemic after Trump threatened to halt WHO funding. 

• Thanks 1

This is what I was going by Ryan. Not really sure what is correct but it is a hell of a lot of Money. This is from CBC Canada.

The United States contributed nearly $900 million US to the WHO's budget for 2018-19, according to information on the agency's website. That represents one-fifth of its total $4.4 billion budget for those years. The U.S. gave nearly three-fourths of the funds in "specified voluntary contributions" and the rest in "assessed" funding as part of Washington's commitment to UN institutions.

A more detailed WHO budget document provided by the U.S. mission in Geneva showed that in 2019, the U.S. provided $452 million, including nearly $119 million in assessed funding. In its most recent budget proposal from February, the Trump administration called for slashing the U.S. assessed funding contribution to the WHO to $57.9 million.

Last week, the head of the WHO gave a strident defence of his agency's handling of the pandemic after Trump threatened to halt WHO funding. 

The above graph I posted was the dollars that have been contributed in 2020 only

Ryan B.

Yes Ryan, as I suspected, Canadians will have to pay income tax on any Govt assistance they get in Canada! Will have to declare it on 2020 income tax.

That sucks. I heard they are offering it for 4 total months?

Ryan B.