Government check

KARNUT

I got mine direct deposit last night. I’m losing vacation occupancy in my Myrtle Beach condo. Between the wife and mine check this will cover a month and half income loss. There’s some debate whether or not insurance should cover the loss. If they do more money for the collection plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put it in the bank and have it act as buffer money for when my state unemployment gets denied which has happened once already.

Even if I lose up to 40% of my work hours in a pay period they say I may not qualify for unemployment because I made to much money in the 60% of hours I did work. I understand UI is more geared toward people that completely lost work and have no income but when you lose close to 50% of your income that is still a tough pill to swallow.

Edited by CamGTP

I am not even trying to get it in Canada. Probably can't anyway because I am retired but, It worries me that we just keep taking on more debt. And how in the hell it will ever be paid back. But I guess it won't be my problem.

Then I here stories of how young people are taking the money and buying weed and playing video games all day. 

2 hours ago, Fuelie said:

At least your not like me.... Minnesota denied my benefits when I have zero work. I am a sole proprietor and no coverage.

Tom

I'm from the same state. You can't email anyone, the UIMN account stuff is so vague, the FAQ stuff is a joke and none of the real questions are answered. Took me 2 hours of being on hold to get to an actual person and have them tell me good luck for the most part. I'm sure those people kinda hate their jobs right now but the system is a garbage pile.

1 hour ago, Likarok said:

I here stories of how young people are taking the money and buying weed and playing video games all day.

How is that a different day for most of them?

They can just get a better grade of weed with the "free" money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

How is that a different day for most of them?

They can just get a better grade of weed with the "free" money.

Sure as hell glad the national debt increased by $17K+ for every man, woman, and child in the US just so they could get better weed.  :shakehead:

• Haha 1

Just now, MaverickZ71 said:

Sure as hell glad the national debt increased by $17K+ for every man, woman, and child in the US just so they could get better weed.  :shakehead:

Right there with you, I am still working and paying taxes, always a swift kick in the junk when you see where the money is going....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

I thought I passed math class but I guess this is the new math, were the figures are red throughout your whole lifetime. When I did budgets at my work, I was never allowed to have red ink! 

But I just tell all the young folks that think a govt. cheque is nice, "Well I guess you are the ones that are going to have to pay it  back so it is no skin off my ass" Then they have a worried look on their faces.

I also remind them that they will have to declare it as income next year when they do their income tax. 

This is not true. Plenty of articles explaining this. Below is one

https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/will-we-have-to-pay-back-stimulus-check-2020-4?amp

Ryan B.

4 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

This is not true. Plenty of articles explaining this. Below is one

https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/will-we-have-to-pay-back-stimulus-check-2020-4?amp

Ryan B.

Well I am talking about Canada. I am sure you will have to declare it here. Good old True North, we get the ****** taxed out of us here. 

Oh and by the way, while I am bitching and complaining I think what President Trump did cutting off the WHO was awesome. The US contributes the most to these outfits like the UN, NATO and the WHO. And these groups just piss it away and take it for granted. Read last night that the US contributes 800 million the run the WHO and China who has a bazillion people and the ones that started this damn mess only pays 30 million.

To many countries ride the coat tails of the US, just like Trump says, in these world organizations, sadly I have to say that Canada is one of those countries. Suppose to contribute a percentage of GDP. Most of the European countries don't pay enough either. It is pathetic. And then most of these groups are led by some third world person who can't even speak English. 

Opps is my red neck showing?

• Like 2