"Invisible Trailer Camera" hooked up

13 minutes ago, migrabill said:

Normally its drilled thru the back of the camper. In my case, it's mounted to the top of the rear bumper on the camper.

I don’t think I’d let a dealer drill a camera into the back of my camper. They can’t even fix a leaky rear window on their own product. From what I hear that is a really bad problem with these new trucks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pastusak.t said:

Just curious... how are the cameras attached to the trailer. Drilled in? Adhesive? I’m really wanting one of these new trucks cuz I go camping a lot but the corona got everything on hold.

I used double sided automotive trim tape on mine.  It has withstood the rigors of sitting stationary in the garage for almost 2 months with no problems.   It seems solid, honest.  :)

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 12:13 PM, Tow Big or Tow Home said:

My new 3500HD has the Gooseneck/5th Wheel Package so a 7 pin/4 pin Trailer Harness socket is installed in the bed. There's also a Trailer Harness socket on the bumper, which has the 7 pin/trailer camera connectors. Why would GM install the 7 pin/4 pin connector inside the bed of the truck? I can't imagine a gooseneck or 5th wheel trailer without brakes so I can't see the 4 pin connector inside the bed ever being used. The only place for me to connect the invisible camera I'll be mounting on my 5th wheel is on the bumper. Am I supposed to run the camera wire from the 5th wheel hitch area to the back of the bed then up and over the tailgate to get to the bumper? That doesn't seem like a good idea. With the Gooseneck/5th Wheel package it would seem GM should have instead installed a 7 pin/trailer camera connector in the box, like the one on the bumper. Any thoughts or insight here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I agree, what were they thinking, a four pin connector in the bed!  It will never be used.  They should have the 7 pin and camera connections at both places and delete the 4 pin altogether.  I use a 7 -4 pin adapter when I tow a trailer without brakes.

Here's a link to a conversation on this issue of no camera ports in the bed with the 5th wheel package. I just posted a comment there regarding contacting GM about this issue with the hope they will provide a fix. If you're interested in also contacting them I shared the phone number and what I've done. Thanks to anyone who makes contact with GM on this issue, hopefully our concerns will be heard and it will lead to a dealer provided solution.