Silverado 5.3 Exhaust

I've done a search and have not found what I'm looking for so sorry if this is redundant.  I have a 2019 Silverado with the 5.3, I want some more sound from the exhaust but do not want to break the bank with a Borla or Corsa.  What I would prefer to do would be to replace from the muffler back.

Has anyone done this and did you have any luck with good sound and minimal drone?  Would love a sound clip as well if possible, thanks in advance for any input.

I've done a search and have not found what I'm looking for so sorry if this is redundant.  I have a 2019 Silverado with the 5.3, I want some more sound from the exhaust but do not want to break the bank with a Borla or Corsa.  What I would prefer to do would be to replace from the muffler back.
Has anyone done this and did you have any luck with good sound and minimal drone?  Would love a sound clip as well if possible, thanks in advance for any input.
I put on a Flowmaster FX catback. Love the sound. $500. $450 sometimes from Summit. I have gotten a lot of compliments and I didnt have to break the bank. They have a lot of test videos online.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

There’s a few threads already on this subject.. 

I ended up going with the muffler delete (flapper delete as well) and covering the 6 screens on the rear resonators with metal and clamps. 

sounds great, very minimal drone. 

cost me 100$ total.

I’ll try and get a sound clip tomorrow. 

worse case if you don’t like it you only spent 100$ instead of 5-800$ on a cat back. 

On 4/18/2020 at 5:05 PM, newdude said:

I'm gonna say it.......................Corsa.

Lol, now I'm kinda pissed....I looked up video on my truck with Corsa, sounds fantastic!!

You should look at the MBRP, they really have what I feel was the best sound at any price for my taste, you can get the 409 ss kit for $550, alum $400 or the 304 SS for $750 ( I bought this one from https://mbrpexhauststore.com/ )  for $675 shipped to my door.  I feel it was by far the best bang for you buck, and if you want to save some money go with the 409 ss.   But for $675 its a great sounding and high quality setup.  I had a 304 ss MBRP on my 2005 yukon since day one and it never had any issues and always sounded good.

There are videos out there for these if you want to hear the sound.

On 4/21/2020 at 8:36 AM, Michael Huddleson said:

You should look at the MBRP, they really have what I feel was the best sound at any price for my taste, you can get the 409 ss kit for $550, alum $400 or the 304 SS for $750 ( I bought this one from https://mbrpexhauststore.com/ )  for $675 shipped to my door.  I feel it was by far the best bang for you buck, and if you want to save some money go with the 409 ss.   But for $675 its a great sounding and high quality setup.  I had a 304 ss MBRP on my 2005 yukon since day one and it never had any issues and always sounded good.

There are videos out there for these if you want to hear the sound.

Your link doesn't take me to the exhaust.  Do you have the MBRP Stock Number for the one you got?

I went with the AFE Power muffler replacement.... really like it. It has a nice deep sound and a bit more loudness with no drone (left the upstream flapper in place). For $139 and a hour of my time in the garage, I would do it again and recommend it to anyone.

15 hours ago, rwickens said:

Your link doesn't take me to the exhaust.  Do you have the MBRP Stock Number for the one you got?

https://mbrpexhauststore.com/2-5-cat-back-dual-rear-t304-chevy-gmc-1500-silverado-sierra-6-2l-2019-2020/

they offer 10% off if you enter your email into the pop up, free shipping and no tax

so it was $679 out the door if I remember correctly.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:48 AM, Michael Huddleson said:

https://mbrpexhauststore.com/2-5-cat-back-dual-rear-t304-chevy-gmc-1500-silverado-sierra-6-2l-2019-2020/

they offer 10% off if you enter your email into the pop up, free shipping and no tax

so it was $679 out the door if I remember correctly.

Do you have any issues with exhaust drone at cruising speeds? My 2015 has the 4 cylinder shut down, does your truck have that feature and does it make the exhaust sound funny?