CAI for 2017 Yukon Denali

Has anyone installed a GMC CAI Performance part #84794977 in their 6.2L motor? GMC Accessories does not list a CAI for the 6.2, just the 5.3L. However, GMCpartsstore.com lists CAI part number 84794977 as a fit-able CAI for my VIN (a 6.2L)

46 minutes ago, bsprtsgrp said:

Has anyone installed a GMC CAI Performance part #84794977 in their 6.2L motor? GMC Accessories does not list a CAI for the 6.2, just the 5.3L. However, GMCpartsstore.com lists CAI part number 84794977 as a fit-able CAI for my VIN (a 6.2L)

Won't fit.  All the GM intakes for 2015-2020 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade are for 5.3 only.  The only thing from GM that will fit is the 84520923 drop in performance filter.   

Online sellers don't get the information correct all the time unfortunately.  Seen it plenty of times.      

https://rj-conlin.dcatalog.com/v/2020-Chevrolet-Performance-Parts-Catalog/?page=350

intakes.thumb.jpg.6dedef1be6ea2792aeeac2e493848210.jpg

just get the AIR Raid JR pipe, and delete the airflow restrictor in the airbox, its the piece  that has foam attached to the inner fender. , this is all you need . use the OEM paper filter , it's the best.  no need to get a high flow CAI until you make 550-600 hp

Edited by flyingfool

19 minutes ago, bsprtsgrp said:

What is confusing here is gmpartsstore.com lists that same CAI will fit a late model Escalade 6.2L

I just took a look myself there quick.  All of that information is wrong.  If you take a look at the screenshot of the Chevrolet Performance Catalog (also linked above) there is kits based on model years for any changes/certifications made.  GMpartsstore.com has the 2017-2018 intake fitting all years and both engines.  Which is false per the information straight from GM.  

1 hour ago, bsprtsgrp said:

Doesn't fit.  The description of the part is correct "Performance Air Intake Upgrade, 5.3L - GM (84794977)," but the vehicle fitment data is not correct.  All those GM dealers with those online interfaces, the information isn't always correct, VIN or not.  This is more proof as such. 

The first round of details I put up on my first reply comes straight from General Motors.  Source one being the GM parts catalog, source two is the Chevrolet Performance Parts Catalog.  Doesn't fit 6.2.   

I have a 2017 GMC sierra Dinali 6.2 L cold air induction‘s intake it sounds like a beast if anybody wants to buy it from me hit me up at [email protected]

I bought the 2019 cold air induction’s for my new sierra Dinali 6.2 L here is my thought

I had the 2017 sierra Dinali 6.2 L in the cold air induction’s intake sounded amazing it sounded like a beast bought the 2019 GMC sierra Dinali 6.2 L about the cold air induction’s intake and it sounds like Stock I am so disappointed I expressed my frustrations to cold air induction’s and they could care less, don’t waste your money if you’re looking for something that sounds aggressive they completely missed the mark for the new generation.

Dictated by Siri

I ordered the Cold Air Induction CAI and the GMC Borla Cat-back (Touring w/flapper valve) Exhaust. Tuning will follow, just don't know which tuner as of yet (Diablew, Blackbear, etc)