600 mile 2020 6.2 collapsed lifters

I agree time for a new truck.....they only get two tries to glue together Humpty Dumpty properly ......not worth the time and effort to go through this twice again before you can start the hassle and spend time pursuing a lemon law claim......and even on chance they do get it presentable, you'll always have that half a$$ed engine repair on your mind every time you take a trip, or you hear a tap, whirr, stutter or bang.

"Got to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em" and decide which is more important your mental health or your wallet. Doubt they'll ever go for swapping for a new one, but they will go for a trade plus a pay the difference that you can work out. A twofer for them  - they get to move the freight on a new car and when repaired on GM's dime they have a low mileage clean truck that their used car manager can hawk as a creampuff, returned because it was too big for the owner's wife to handle or some other "cocque and bull" story that will not show up as repaired engine damage on Carfax.

Have to decide whether the extra bucks are worth your piece of mind throughout ownership. Yes, not fair, just consider the cost to be a tuition fee for another course at the School of Hard Knocks, where it took me 70 years to earn my PhD.

FYI depending on how the lifters fail, IF there is any metal in the oiling system, your cam and main bearing life is basically doomed.  Lifter repair is a band aid.  Sucks man sorry! 

Not just the lifters which fail collapsed when oil. starved, so not too much damage, on the lifters, but whatever else the leaking oil gallery and localized pressure drop feeds for lubrication, i.e. bearings themselves, are compromised. Maybe nothing, but maybe something. Time will tell, that's why now is the  time to dump Humpty Dumpty and pray the sales manager is smart enough to make a decent deal to cut losses.

• 10 months later...

2021 GMC Sierra 5.3 lifter noise truck is 90 days old dealer has it now 2 bad lifters and one bent push rod. Waiting on oil sample. Transmission won’t engage in reverse also squeaky breaks. Requested new vehicle . Have case number . Call Gmc priority number . To get help 

Sorry to hear about your truck. Mine wasn’t much better. I had to get my lifters replaced in my 2019 at around 5,000 miles. This truck has literally been the biggest pile of sh*t I have ever owned. It’s not even two years old and my lifters have gone out, rear window leaked, cv boot had a hole in it, my radio deletes my contacts almost every time I connect my phone to it, my ac just went out last week, brakes have squeaked since day one 

• 4 months later...

I have a 2021 Silverado High Country with 8000 miles on it that has a collapsed lifter on #7 cylinder (no idea what that means!).  It's been at the repair shop and they are waiting for parts.  I think they should give me a comparable vehicle and they've given me a GMC Terrain that isn't even close to a truck.  It's the only "loaner" they have.  If they keep it much longer I think they should also pay my car payment since I can't drive it!!  Thanks for listening/reading.