Kicker system for multi-pro options

I’d love to add audio to my multi-pro tailgate but can’t justify spending $600+ for the Kicker system.  Is anyone aware of other options out there to add audio?

Here it is for $525 - nice thing is it integrates and works well with your phone, so convenient.   But sound quality is poor in my view - I would not have gotten it after having one, if it was not already part of the Carbon Pro package on my 2019 AT4 (it was included in the carbon pro package in 2019, was not an option).  

link: https://www.gmpartswarehouse.com/oem-parts/gm-multipro-trade-tailgate-audio-by-kicker-19417163?origin=pla&gclid=CjwKCAjw8J32BRBCEiwApQEKgZ5LE5MhzLecnIk5-8skZvJtXxbXTS3pVHIFBAm-2CZ_RHjYFfHxGxoCsj0QAvD_BwE

For less money you can simply get a portable wireless speaker(s) to run off your phone - they sound much better and you can use them anywhere.  

Link: https://www.techradar.com/news/audio/portable-audio/10-best-portable-speakers-1069079

Link:  https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-outdoor-speakers

That is what I would do - get one big one or  few small ones you can link together - save money, better sound and more use potential.  If you want seemless, ease of use, when with your truck the Kicker is hard to beat.  

I have one as well as it came on my 2020 carbonpro and I agree that the sound is not as good as expected. I guess it's fine for what it is but it doesn't have much bass at all and I would agree that i wouldn't spend that much money to add it after the fact. 

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm in the minority but I just added this to my 2019 AT4 and installed myself. I really like it.  I have the truck in the garage and we can listen to music with the kids in the couldesac I live on.

They get loud. Very loud.  They don't have much base but no portable bluetooth speaker really does either.

This is all coming from someone that has spent thousands on high end speakers for my home theater setups.  

Any system will have some drawbacks and this one is certainly expensive, but there's actually quite a bit of engineering that went into it's design which you can't really appreciate unless you've installed it yourself.

Maybe me and the kids don't listen to music that make it sound bad but I've heard anything from 90s Rock to Moana and it serves it's purpose and then some.

Edited by Maverick0984