Range Technologies AFM Delete

5 hours ago, Ray Capobianco said:

if you want to sell it let me know haha...maybe its something isolated to your truck? 

weird that some are ok and others arent. 

PM me an offer and I'll think about it. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it yet besides unplugging it.

Well OnStar still sees it and I have an extended warranty that I'm not risking. Plus the transmission is shifting harder at low speeds. I cannot recommend the Range AFM for a 2016 GMC Sierra SLT with a 5.3 and 8 speed.

Have you contacted range for an update? I read somewhere that they fixed the issue with an update so onstar can’t see it anymore. I had the same problem with mine. I sold it because I got the vehicle tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Bob2C said:

Have you contacted range for an update? I read somewhere that they fixed the issue with an update so onstar can’t see it anymore. I had the same problem with mine. I sold it because I got the vehicle tuned.

I just got it back from a supposed update to remedy this problem, OnStar ran a day ago, a week after I got it back, and the diagnostic report was blocked by a device in the OBD port. Range replied today with oh well unplug it when OnStar runs the diagnostic test, like we know when that will occur.

Screenshot_20200709-072847_Gmail.jpg

I just got it back from a supposed update to remedy this problem, OnStar ran a day ago, a week after I got it back, and the diagnostic report was blocked by a device in the OBD port. Range replied today with oh well unplug it when OnStar runs the diagnostic test, like we know when that will occur.
Screenshot_20200709-072847_Gmail.thumb.jpg.e8d2b2dca81ee61e56bf560dfbaefbdf.jpg

Oh ok. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. If they ever question a warranty claim due to OBD port usage just tell them you had your insurance company dongle plugged in. But from what I gather with any major warranty claim they look for index markings on ecm. If they don’t match up with what’s in there system per the updates they did on your car at any dealer then there is a problem. Since range leaves no marks you will be fine. This is the way I understand it.

10 hours ago, Bob2C said:

Oh ok. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. If they ever question a warranty claim due to OBD port usage just tell them you had your insurance company dongle plugged in. But from what I gather with any major warranty claim they look for index markings on ecm. If they don’t match up with what’s in there system per the updates they did on your car at any dealer then there is a problem. Since range leaves no marks you will be fine. This is the way I understand it.

Funny thing is my truck shifts better without it, I had the transmission fluid changed recently and the truck rides sooo much smoother.

1 hour ago, doropallo said:

Funny thing is my truck shifts better without it, I had the transmission fluid changed recently and the truck rides sooo much smoother.

it seems there are a decent amount of stories like this as well. Really has me going back and forth on getting one lol. 

Is it worth just accepting the helicopter sound with an exhaust to not run one lol. 

I have the 6L80 and did not notice a difference when I had it. I recently changed out the oil to AMSOIL and noticed a smoother transmission mostly when going from park to reverse or drive. No more clunking. Smooth and quiet.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:58 PM, amxguy1970 said:

? Yeah you have any solid data backing that up or just the words of a few AFM haters on the forums? How prematurely? 50k? 75k? 100k? Would be nice if you can let us know when! There is nothing anywhere that points to running V4 mode causing failures, GM would have pulled that in a heart beat if it was going to cause a bunch of wasted money in warranty claims or recalls. GM has a history of long lasting reliable engines going well past 100's of thousands of miles, we have had multiple at our house and a few friends I am close with (one pushed 300k before trade in with zero issues). You can't believe everything you hear on the internet and it doesn't help to pass on false info...

Tyler

LOL LOL LOL You sound like my dealership when i tell them all the issues that these trucks have are all documented on the internet all over the world. They say you cant believe everything you hear on the internet. LOL that`s what they teach the techs at the training seminars. Unbelievable

Edited by benelli