Range Technologies AFM Delete

Screenshot_20191114-071212_Gmail.thumb.jpg.ec581bbbc332466598e1742fab8dde53.jpgOnStar always detects mine, doesn't know what it is but the diagnostic report states that it cannot give me a report because there's a device in the OBD port.

Edited by doropallo

3 hours ago, doropallo said:

Screenshot_20191114-071212_Gmail.thumb.jpg.ec581bbbc332466598e1742fab8dde53.jpgOnStar always detects mine, doesn't know what it is but the diagnostic report states that it cannot give me a report because there's a device in the OBD port.

Have you contacted Range and let them know? That's something I would get ahold with them and see what the issue is. 

4 hours ago, Chewy21 said:

Have you contacted Range and let them know? That's something I would get ahold with them and see what the issue is. 

That didn't cross my mind I just figured it is normal, but I will have to send them an email and see what they say. Good idea.

I emailed Range and they had me call in and set up the ability to send it back and have it updated to a version OnStar can't see. Funny thing when I called in the main menu asked about which product I was calling in for and Diablo was in the menu, guess it's all one company.

• 2 weeks later...

My Range AFM is back in my truck. Now I just need to wait for the OnStar monthly diagnostic report to see if it still blocks the data.

Edited by doropallo

Well OnStar still sees it and I have an extended warranty that I'm not risking. Plus the transmission is shifting harder at low speeds. I cannot recommend the Range AFM for a 2016 GMC Sierra SLT with a 5.3 and 8 speed.

Am happy to have bought this until I run the warranty out It will stay plugged in. I do pull it out before onstar does its thing each month. 

Edited by jbman

2 hours ago, doropallo said:

Well OnStar still sees it and I have an extended warranty that I'm not risking. Plus the transmission is shifting harder at low speeds. I cannot recommend the Range AFM for a 2016 GMC Sierra SLT with a 5.3 and 8 speed.

if you want to sell it let me know haha...maybe its something isolated to your truck? 

weird that some are ok and others arent. 

On 6/1/2020 at 9:36 AM, Ed S said:

14 Sierra, my Range works great! Never take it out. No need for V4 mode. Using V4 just takes out engines prematurely.

? Yeah you have any solid data backing that up or just the words of a few AFM haters on the forums? How prematurely? 50k? 75k? 100k? Would be nice if you can let us know when! There is nothing anywhere that points to running V4 mode causing failures, GM would have pulled that in a heart beat if it was going to cause a bunch of wasted money in warranty claims or recalls. GM has a history of long lasting reliable engines going well past 100's of thousands of miles, we have had multiple at our house and a few friends I am close with (one pushed 300k before trade in with zero issues). You can't believe everything you hear on the internet and it doesn't help to pass on false info...

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970
  • Like 1