Traction in Rain

I’ve got  2017 Silverado WT 4WD 5.3 with stock BF GOODRICH tires with a 3:42 rear end. 

Right after a first rain and when accelerating my tires loose traction and if I don’t get out of the throttle and ease back in it will continue to spin, one side and then the other. 

Im thinking it’s the light oil on the roadway that hasn’t had a chance to clear off. Starting off going up a hill is the worst, I really have to baby the throttle to keep the traction. 

My tires have plenty thread left, anyone else experience this. 

Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Yes, it can be challenging at times as the factory tires begin to wear down.

Do you have the RPO code G80 in your glovebox? That is for the Eaton locker in the rear end.

Yes my RPO CODE IS G80, is it trouble with my rear end or shitty tires?

1 hour ago, Slvijoe said:

Yes my RPO CODE IS G80, is it trouble with my rear end or shitty tires?

I would go with the tires.

The G80 is designed to "lock" both wheels when there is roughly a 100 RPM difference between the two. Next time, when you lose traction, you should feel your truck "jerk" to the side that just engaged, and in theory if you could see your tire tracks, there would be two black stripes.

2 hours ago, Slvijoe said:

I’ve got  2017 Silverado WT 4WD 5.3 with stock BF GOODRICH tires with a 3:42 rear end. 

Right after a first rain and when accelerating my tires loose traction and if I don’t get out of the throttle and ease back in it will continue to spin, one side and then the other. 

Im thinking it’s the light oil on the roadway that hasn’t had a chance to clear off. Starting off going up a hill is the worst, I really have to baby the throttle to keep the traction. 

Thank you. 

I'd suggest switching to Falken Wildpeak AT3W.  Superb wet weather traction. 

If you have the rear locker, than the 2nd wheel should lock up after a certain RPM difference between the two wheels (I think 200 or 300 rpm)

4 hours ago, Slvijoe said:

Thank you. 

My KO2s perform superbly in the rain but my rear axle has more weight over it than yours.  Does your truck have the ability to start off in 2nd gear instead of first?  Mine can for issues such as you describe.

Throw a few sandbags in the back and I reckon she'll behave very differently.