C.A.R.B. CAI for L86?

Hello, I prefer OEM and I'm finding conflicting info on whether or not this really does fit the 6.2.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-performance-air-intake-14-16-silverado-1500-tahoe-and-suburban-with-5-3l-v-8-84016022

If it doesn't, does anyone know of any CA approved intakes for the L86 trucks?  Thanks.

Thanks gents!  I'm going to have black bear tune my truck and saw that they can get an extra 20-30hp from the volant intake but I'm still under warranty.  I also want to hear the 6.2 but don't want an obnoxious exhaust.

42 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

pull out the air restrictor panel in the oem airbox,

Curious about this and searched but couldn't find anything....can you elaborate?  Thanks.

Edited by m3n00b

3 hours ago, m3n00b said:

Hello, I prefer OEM and I'm finding conflicting info on whether or not this really does fit the 6.2.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-performance-air-intake-14-16-silverado-1500-tahoe-and-suburban-with-5-3l-v-8-84016022

If it doesn't, does anyone know of any CA approved intakes for the L86 trucks?  Thanks.

The GM CAI is 5.3 only.  

• Like 1

just get a  rubber or silicone coupler to mate it up with the 6.2 TB, just like the ones provided for the K&N kits.

Alternatively, if you really need to have it be CARB compliant, you can get a Banks CAI. It's 50 state legal and has a CARB EO number.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 8:56 AM, m3n00b said:

Thanks gents!  I'm going to have black bear tune my truck and saw that they can get an extra 20-30hp from the volant intake but I'm still under warranty.  I also want to hear the 6.2 but don't want an obnoxious exhaust.

Curious about this and searched but couldn't find anything....can you elaborate?  Thanks.

pull the airbox out, you'll see it

• Like 1

yup

if your serious about keeping it cold air, then you can buy some 1-2" foam weather insulation to fill the gap around the fender to box, dont bother with aftermarket air filter ,they're all junk, and you'll never outflow the stock filter without dropping $2000 in speed parts

Edited by flyingfool
  • Like 1