Mods to compliment supercharger

Recently picked up a '18 6.2 silverado centennial edition.  Added a borla s-type catback system.  Installing a Magnuson TVS1900 Supercharger.  Had thought about throwing some long tube headers on it after that.  Anyone have some insight as what type of mods they'd install to compliment that setup?  Anyone have experience running a TVS1900 setup?

20200619_102744.jpg

20200618_180336.jpg

• Like 1

Headers aren't really a must. You are already going to be adding 100-125 horsepower easy to this engine with the supercharger. Headers kinda open up a rabbit hole because they can make the exhaust super loud with no cats, leading to more money spent to quiet it down.

I'm going to start off with Magnusons tune.  See how I like it as they've got a 3 yr warranty when running their tune.  Future plans include taking to a local guy.  Trying to figure if I want to follow through with any additional mods prior to getting a custom tune 

Beautiful truck. Always liked that 100 year anniversary truck color. Good luck with your build. I am all about speed and a charged 6.2L will fly.

Just curious, why didn't you get the TVS2300? 

• Like 1

Speaking with the sales staff at magnuson they recommended getting the 2300 if it was going to be more of a track truck with heavy mods.  The price difference was only a few hundred bucks. Soo I went with the 1900 per their recommendation 

It's been my experience with LS motors with superchargers is the they need to be tuned.

If you don't you run the risk of melting the motor if you run it too lean,  you need replacement injectors and replace the fuel pump. Plus you need to re-tuned on a dyno.

Then it will run like a spanked monkey....

• Thanks 1

get S/C installed & get used to it  ?

Big Brake Kit (BBK)

then, after you get used to it...

Blackbear tune

CAI

smaller s/c pulley (guessing you have a 3.4...go 3.1)

then when you want to get crazy:

LT headers (& maybe a resonator - to quiet it down a hair)

plug wires & 1 step colder plugs

custom driveshaft

even smaller s/c pulley (& new belt)

throttle body

retune

injectors/fuel system

cam/lifters (DOD delete)

pistons

meth

torque converter

etc...

LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, wilshire37 said:

I have justed installed a tvs 1900 supercharger on my 2014 sierra 5.3L. Very easy to install but I am having a major running issue. 

Oh no... did you install their tune prior to install?  Running the correct fuel?

20 hours ago, truckguy82 said:

If I have a supercharger on an otherwise stock truck, my first mod would be upgraded brakes.

More brakes should always accompany more power.

brakes are what absorb the energy your engine created

You sound like a wise man.  Very valid point!

get S/C installed & get used to it  [emoji6]
Big Brake Kit (BBK)

then, after you get used to it...
Blackbear tune
CAI
smaller s/c pulley (guessing you have a 3.4...go 3.1)

then when you want to get crazy:
LT headers (& maybe a resonator - to quiet it down a hair)
plug wires & 1 step colder plugs
custom driveshaft
even smaller s/c pulley (& new belt)
throttle body
retune
injectors/fuel system
cam/lifters (DOD delete)
pistons
meth
torque converter
etc...

LOL
Wormhole! I remember on another forum someone getting sucked in with supercharger, cam, headers, valves, etc. Said if he could do it all over again, he would just do the SC and stop there. I plan on a whipple when warranty runs out...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes, I preloaded the tune per the instructions and a tank full of 93 which I always use. The truck won't idle and pops through intake and tailpipe like a bad maf. So I bought a new factory maf and no change in running. Unplugged maf then started the truck, guess what? The truck idled normally until I gave it some gas then it died like it should. I think they gave me a crappy tune. Getting on the help line tomorrow but I'm at the point where i might take it off if they give me the run around.

50 minutes ago, wilshire37 said:

Yes, I preloaded the tune per the instructions and a tank full of 93 which I always use. The truck won't idle and pops through intake and tailpipe like a bad maf. So I bought a new factory maf and no change in running. Unplugged maf then started the truck, guess what? The truck idled normally until I gave it some gas then it died like it should. I think they gave me a crappy tune. Getting on the help line tomorrow but I'm at the point where i might take it off if they give me the run around.

Wow, that's terrible man.  I know I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if I have a similar outcome.  Did you get your tcm unlocked?  Keep me posted how everything turns out.  Hope it's a quick fix!