Mods to compliment supercharger

• 2 weeks later...
How much did you gain off stock?  Any other mods like exhaust or cai?  Running magnusons tune?

How much did you gain off stock?  Any other mods like exhaust or cai?  Running magnusons tune?

It has cat back magnaflow the supercharger came with a CAI. I had it dyno tuned it put down 480 to the wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here is the update, on the intake where you put the gasket to seal the supercharger they have dowel type locators installed.  one of these was keeping the s/c from fully sealing even though it looked flush(gasket was basically floating around and got damaged). Obviously this caused a vaccum leak. waiting on new gasket and corrected the dowel issue. Will get back soon to let everyoneknow if this solves my main problem. what year LT4 PLUGS  did you use jaychevy? and what gap? thx for everyone's input

On 6/20/2020 at 10:25 AM, Sbrick said:

Recently picked up a '18 6.2 silverado centennial edition.  Added a borla s-type catback system.  Installing a Magnuson TVS1900 Supercharger.  Had thought about throwing some long tube headers on it after that.  Anyone have some insight as what type of mods they'd install to compliment that setup?  Anyone have experience running a TVS1900 setup?

Nitromethane!

On 7/25/2020 at 11:03 AM, Sbrick said:

S/C is in and tuned.  Just figured I'd share the dyno results for anyone interested....

20200722_211314.jpg

Are you running stock tire diameter? Assuming you've got 3.42 gears as well?

I'm getting ready to install my SLP TVS1900 in the next couple weeks. I'm running 35x11.5xr20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and dyno'd the truck a couple weeks ago for a baseline. I have 3.42 gears, 87 pump gas, CAI, stock tune, the truck turned 273hp @ 5200 and 313 lbft @ 4200.

Glad to hear you got your issues worked out. Roush owns SLP now and when I called I got no help with tunes as you've experienced. I'll be going back for a custom tune once I get everything bolted up.

Sorry this was meant for Wilshire37. I see yours is a 2018 6.2l.

20200718_183650.jpg

Edited by Dick Lichon

On 7/27/2020 at 1:58 PM, Dick Lichon said:

Are you running stock tire diameter? Assuming you've got 3.42 gears as well?

I'm getting ready to install my SLP TVS1900 in the next couple weeks. I'm running 35x11.5xr20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and dyno'd the truck a couple weeks ago for a baseline. I have 3.42 gears, 87 pump gas, CAI, stock tune, the truck turned 273hp @ 5200 and 313 lbft @ 4200.

Glad to hear you got your issues worked out. Roush owns SLP now and when I called I got no help with tunes as you've experienced. I'll be going back for a custom tune once I get everything bolted up.

Sorry this was meant for Wilshire37. I see yours is a 2018 6.2l.

20200718_183650.jpg

That's a sweet setup.  I had a blacked out sierra I setup like that.  You'll enjoy that blower when you get it tuned.  I know I have no regrets.  May install a 3.1 pulley instead of the 3.4 eventually for a lil more boost

• 2 months later...