Mods to compliment supercharger

On 6/21/2020 at 1:32 AM, gat0r said:

get S/C installed & get used to it  ?

Big Brake Kit (BBK)

then, after you get used to it...

Blackbear tune

CAI

smaller s/c pulley (guessing you have a 3.4...go 3.1)

then when you want to get crazy:

LT headers (& maybe a resonator - to quiet it down a hair)

plug wires & 1 step colder plugs

custom driveshaft

even smaller s/c pulley (& new belt)

throttle body

retune

injectors/fuel system

cam/lifters (DOD delete)

pistons

meth

torque converter

etc...

LOL

Dude... baby steps. I'm into Corvettes and 1 out a 100 sold will be crashed coming out of the dealer....  LOL

What is that you have mounted on the firewall? Did you add that? I am extremely unhappy with my tvs 1900 in my 2014 sierra, I can't drive it as it won't idle properly. They are not being helpful at SLP and I don't know who to turn to. I am at the point of unistalling it until I find someone who can help me.

@wilshire37

thats an oil catch can on the firewall.

sucks about SLP... what did they say when you talked to their support?

as it sounds like could be tune type issue.

also double check all connections that were removed during install.  maybe something didnt seat or got pinched.

how many miles are on your '14?

any maintenance items need to be looked at?   i.e.:  plugs, plug wires (maybe loose) , fuel filter, etc

check engine light?   might be worth getting it scanned for codes.

also curious.... what is your idle rpm?     mine used to be 500 & at times it would be rough just sitting there, but fine driving.

i got a BBP tune & had them bump it to 600.   fixed my issue

any local tuners close to you?  might be worth stopping by.

My idle on a cold start is normal, then as it warms up it drops to between 350 and 500 rpm. It then starts popping through intake and out the tailpipe like a bad maf. So I put a factory replacement in(AC Delco) and nothing changed. So I unplugged the maf and it idles perfectly until you touch the gas then dies and the CEL is present for the unplugged maf codes. I got it on the highway and it ran pretty good but under a certain speed decelerating it is awful. The truck has only 27462 miles on it. The only upgrades were MSD plug wires, fresh plugs, AFE coldair intake, gibson shorty headers and a magna-flo cat back exhaust. I also use a range technologies plug-in the OBD to keep it in V-8 mode. The truck is meticulously maintained since new. I did double check everything and it all seems tight. Sometimes it will stall and throw codes for the top o2 sensors having low voltage which makes sense because the idle will bottom out and stall. SLP support told me to email the tune guys and ask for a new tune and describe whats happening but no one is getting back to me. I will look into a local tuner, thanks for the reply and I will update if I figure it out.

My idle on a cold start is normal, then as it warms up it drops to between 350 and 500 rpm. It then starts popping through intake and out the tailpipe like a bad maf. So I put a factory replacement in(AC Delco) and nothing changed. So I unplugged the maf and it idles perfectly until you touch the gas then dies and the CEL is present for the unplugged maf codes. I got it on the highway and it ran pretty good but under a certain speed decelerating it is awful. The truck has only 27462 miles on it. The only upgrades were MSD plug wires, fresh plugs, AFE coldair intake, gibson shorty headers and a magna-flo cat back exhaust. I also use a range technologies plug-in the OBD to keep it in V-8 mode. The truck is meticulously maintained since new. I did double check everything and it all seems tight. Sometimes it will stall and throw codes for the top o2 sensors having low voltage which makes sense because the idle will bottom out and stall. SLP support told me to email the tune guys and ask for a new tune and describe whats happening but no one is getting back to me. I will look into a local tuner, thanks for the reply and I will update if I figure it out.

That’s weird what plugs are you running. I have the LT4 plugs. Also I would get a professional tune def. it could be the idle parameters in the tune itself. Idk just throwing things out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shouldnt need range device now.   SLP should tune out the V4 mode

doubt that would mess things up, but might try removing 1 extra variable.

& 350 rpm is too low for idle.

really shouldnt go below 500

550 to 600 is better

Don’t use factory plugs you need a little hotter burning plug then factory. Also those pre loaded tunes are enough to get you going. Your leaving a lot of HP on the table. The tuner bumped my idle up to like 600 or 650. Plus are tour fans running all the time?

23 hours ago, Jaychevy81 said:

Don’t use factory plugs you need a little hotter burning plug then factory. Also those pre loaded tunes are enough to get you going. Your leaving a lot of HP on the table. The tuner bumped my idle up to like 600 or 650. Plus are tour fans running all the time?

colder not hotter 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 7:58 AM, wilshire37 said:

I am waiting on SLPTUNE to get back to me. I am going to contact black bear and see if they can help me out if slp won't. Anyone know if I can use my sct tuner with them?

gat0r is correct we use EFILive, so the AutoCal or the V2 would be the way we would tune your vehicle with the supercharger,  and it would not be compatible with the SCT tuner.