Might be easier for u to just replace with aftermarket. Be cheaper. I have a bose system and installed a pioneer headunit. Gave me android auto, screen mirror, nav and rear.seat entertainment. Got the radio for 500. Needed a few other bits. All in all 900

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

For starters, can't do it from GM, they discontinued the SD card upgrade. 

You MUST verify what radio you have first.  If you have the IOR 8 inch radio, there is no nav upgrade.  You MUST have IOS radio to do it.  IOS is standard on an LTZ, and optional on LT and RST.  Its part of the Convenience II package.  Easiest identifier is the vehicle build sheet or, if you have the power sliding rear window on an LT or RST.  If you have the window, you should have IOS radio.    

This place would be your best bet:  https://www.gm-navigation.com/shop/2019-chevy-silverado-factory-navigation-system/

These guys are good too:  https://www.infotainment.com/products/2019-2020-chevrolet-silverado-mylink-iou-gps-navigation-hd-radio-upgrade

These two options involve no aftermarket splicing/swapping/headaches.  

Edited by newdude

This seemed to be the easiest but doesn't show on their website anymore. It was there probably 2 weeks ago. Emailed them and they said only doing 2020 Silverados right now, were having problems with other years. $599 if you have SD card reader in center console, $699 if you need new usb / card reader hub. 

Edited by RedHot6.2
change

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 10:17 AM, chuckbattams said:

I've noticed at minute 4:48 that "OnStar Connected Navigation" is showing.  Is this to be used only with OnStar?

I don't believe so. There is an option to get directions from an Onstar advisor but since this mentions the SD map card needs to be inserted in the SD slot in the center console I believe that is where the map info comes from. I still haven't decided which way to go. I tried an address the other day in my 2017 Silverado and the business had since moved so new location wasn't found, my phone showed new address. Android auto and Apple Carplay will always have latest map info since it comes from your phone. 

I have some good news and bad news about the GM nav upgrade for ios radios.

The good news: I found a dealership with 3 of the cards in stock. GM Part Number 84489271. They originally bought them for a commercial client with 3 WT trucks, but found out they wouldn't work due to the trucks having ior radios.

The bad news: I asked this dealer to investigate whether this could be installed on my truck. They called GM. GM has abandoned the program for the dealership techs to do the reprogramming upgrade after the cards are installed. Upgrading is not possible through GM. Only viable solution now is to go aftermarket.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk