Best Replica Wheel Brand

Hey all,

I found a set of wheels I want which are OE Creations Pr198 22x9. Unfortunately they are all on backorder as they are sold out in the states and assuming they are coming from China with a 60 day eta.

Does anyone have RW replica wheels? If so, how is the quality etc?

The attached picture is the style I’m looking for and only a few replica mfgs have it.

Thanks in advance! c39974321e4034a988c82c7be81bdedd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end of the day they are all made in China of cheap materials. Not sure if you ever plan on doing any heavy towing or driving with a heavy payload but I would check the numbers on wheels like that. Not to mention the clear coat will inevitably peel fairly quickly, etc. For that kind of coin, I'm not saying OEM wheels are necessarily worth the price but most replica's are trash IMO. You are better of spending the extra couple hundred on OEM wheels IMO.  I'm also fairly confident if you look around you could find some takeoffs. 

Edited by superhighsierra

At the end of the day they are all made in China of cheap materials. Not sure if you ever plan on doing any heavy towing or driving with a heavy payload but I would check the numbers on wheels like that. Not to mention the clear coat will inevitably peel fairly quickly, etc. For that kind of coin, I'm not saying OEM wheels are necessarily worth the price but most replica's are trash IMO. You are better of spending the extra couple hundred on OEM wheels IMO.  I'm also fairly confident if you look around you could find some takeoffs. 

Appreciate your insight - I tend to agree with you but the Q7L wheels don’t come in black from the factory so I’ll have to have them powder coated etc and really don’t want to go through the hassle of all that.

The OE creations are distributed by wheel pros (Who does fuel, American Racing, Asanti + more) and there are reports of great quality and finish. The wheel actually has an American racing part number so I feel confident they would stand behind it.

I’ll most likely wait for those to be back in stock but wanted to see if anyone else had good experiences with any other brands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotrodz37 said:

Appreciate your insight - I tend to agree with you but the Q7L wheels don’t come in black from the factory so I’ll have to have them powder coated etc and really don’t want to go through the hassle of all that.

The OE creations are distributed by wheel pros (Who does fuel, American Racing, Asanti + more) and there are reports of great quality and finish. The wheel actually has an American racing part number so I feel confident they would stand behind it.

I’ll most likely wait for those to be back in stock but wanted to see if anyone else had good experiences with any other brands.

Here you go:

OEM 22's in Black

Slightly different wheel and I agree that I like the design on the ones you posted ever so slightly more, but I'm also a big believer of you get what you pay for. Either way the ones that you posted don't as terrible quality wise as most replica wheels...

Edited by superhighsierra
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 12:19 PM, superhighsierra said:

I somewhat disagree.  I agree Yes, they're made in China but do you know where the OEM wheels are made?  Bingo!  China.  The OP was on track with choosing the OE Creations.  I've owned many many sets of OEM and aftermarket 22's and OE Creations is among the best of them all.  These are top quality wheels with a flawless finish and fit. Cheap materials?  Far from the truth.  You won't find a nicer quality wheel and are as good or better than OEM 22's.  I've had flawed factory OEM 22's with poor finishes, coating coming out of the lug pockets etc.  I have a few friends with OE Creations and are more than satisfied.  My OE Creations PR196 22's balanced out perfectly requiring very little weight and the long time wheel tech was impressed with the trueness and quality of the wheel.  Spending the extra couple hundred on OEM?  Try $1000-$1200 more and the OEM wheel will be no better.  I can attest to that.  

20190523_170456.jpg

20190523_181304-1.jpg

Edited by mafd2
  • Like 2

On 6/27/2020 at 3:23 PM, superhighsierra said:

Here you go:

OEM 22's in Black

Slightly different wheel and I agree that I like the design on the ones you posted ever so slightly more, but I'm also a big believer of you get what you pay for. Either way the ones that you posted don't as terrible quality wise as most replica wheels...

And made in China.  I'd never pay that and not worth it.

Those look great guys!

[mention=91158]mafd2[/mention] you’re the one that turned me onto OE Creations with your positive experience.

I wish the ones I wanted weren’t on backorder, oh well, I’ve waited this long what’s another 2 mos.

Where did you guys wind up ordering yours through?

1 hour ago, hotrodz37 said:

Those look great guys!

[mention=91158]mafd2[/mention] you’re the one that turned me onto OE Creations with your positive experience.

I wish the ones I wanted weren’t on backorder, oh well, I’ve waited this long what’s another 2 mos.

Where did you guys wind up ordering yours through?

Thanks.  Got mine locally.  They were shipped out of the Wheel Pros warehouse in New Orleans.  Did you check the 196 and 197 in black?  Those are nice.

• Like 1

OE Creations are where I got mine. The guy I traded my 22 inch High Country wheels in for said they are all made in same place, OEM you are just paying for the name. He even showed me that one of the OE Creation boxes and on inside of wheel said OEM General Motors. So like "madf2" stated, you will be paying an extra $1k for just the name and when they are mounted and balanced on truck you can't tell the difference. I am so happy I traded mine in. Totally changed look of the truck!

20200618_100941.jpg

20200417_170731 (1).jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Random question: For those of you guys who got the OE Creations wheels, do you happen to have any of the boxes still? If so can you send me a pic? Do you recall if it said OE Creations on it?[mention=91158]mafd2[/mention]

I pulled the trigger on some and they arrived today and the boxes aren’t labeled. Wheels look right but box only has a model number and no branding - on top of that the FedEx tracking shows they were shipped from Performance Replicas Inc (which could make the wheels for OE, no idea)

If you did get them where did you order from?

On top of that, every wheel was damaged - looks like someone returned a set after attempting to mount tires and then they got sent to me [emoji2359]

af0749de6948975b7b10d7a2379c0ad4.jpg

1e44f2d7b638ef2e19af819da0fd9774.jpg

On 9/19/2020 at 10:24 PM, hotrodz37 said:

Random question: For those of you guys who got the OE Creations wheels, do you happen to have any of the boxes still? If so can you send me a pic? Do you recall if it said OE Creations on it?[mention=91158]mafd2[/mention]

I pulled the trigger on some and they arrived today and the boxes aren’t labeled. Wheels look right but box only has a model number and no branding - on top of that the FedEx tracking shows they were shipped from Performance Replicas Inc (which could make the wheels for OE, no idea)

If you did get them where did you order from?

On top of that, every wheel was damaged - looks like someone returned a set after attempting to mount tires and then they got sent to me emoji2359.png

af0749de6948975b7b10d7a2379c0ad4.jpg

1e44f2d7b638ef2e19af819da0fd9774.jpg

Don't remember if they said OE Creations on the box.  I got mine from a local dealer but they were shipped from the Wheel Pros warehouse in New Orleans.  Wheel Pros is the only distributor for OE Creations.  Mine where double boxed with no damage.  There were thick, hard cardboard strips to protect the rim edges and plastic rim guards.    Looks like someone may have sent them back.   Did you contact them?

Edited by mafd2

Don't remember if they said OE Creations on the box.  I got mine from a local dealer but they were shipped from the Wheel Pros warehouse in New Orleans.  Wheel Pros is the only distributor for OE Creations.  Mine where double boxed with no damage.  There were thick, hard cardboard strips to protect the rim edges and plastic rim guards.    Looks like someone may have sent them back.   Did you contact them?

Yeah I don’t think they were damaged in shipping. 4/4 wheels are damaged. Each box was packed a little differently and it looks like someone sent this set back in after doing a poor job mounting tires and it wasn’t properly vetted at the warehouse.

I contacted the dealer I bought them through. Waiting to hear back this morning.

The lip on this one is even bent.

b91d1a543546d2bbbd43b592bbfd63df.jpg