Looking at trading my '13 Silverado for a 2020 Sierra. 

I like the 3.0 diesel, and want to do a test drive soon. 

I've been doing some reading and it sounds like the 3.73 pairs way better with the 10 speed auto.

I see on the silverado the the 3.73 is available with the Off-Road Diesel Package.

I don't see a similar package on the Sierra. 
I'm leaning towards the AT4.

Am I missing a package somewhere?

Thanks. 

You are correct that 3.73 isn't available on 1500 sierra.

Looks like it's not available on the trail boss (ie 2" factory lift) chev's either. 

I dont think the diesel is available on the trailboss. i have the diesel off road package, while i cant compare, i do love the drivetrain on this truck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Final drive with the 10 speed and 3.23 gears is almost as high in first as with the old 6sp and 3.73 gears. With the 3.42 gears (max tow) it’s actually higher. 

Basically the first two gears in the 10spd box are a much higher ratio, it negates some of the need for shorter rear gears.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, N55_6MT said:

Final drive with the 10 speed and 3.23 gears is almost as high in first as with the old 6sp and 3.73 gears. With the 3.42 gears (max tow) it’s actually higher. 

Basically the first two gears in the 10spd box are a much higher ratio, it negates some of the need for shorter rear gears.

Exactly, so why 3.73's?

edit. I made the mistake of thinking the op knew what he was talking about...

Edited by M1ck3y

On 7/4/2020 at 9:38 PM, N55_6MT said:

This is the correct answer.

The need for 3.73 gears is mostly a legacy thing stuck in people’s heads.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/30/2020 at 11:13 PM, ullose272 said:

I dont think the diesel is available on the trailboss. i have the diesel off road package, while i cant compare, i do love the drivetrain on this truck. 

I know this was a a while back but do you happen to have the original window sticker with for your truck? I am interested in ordering the off road diesel package. Also what kind of fuel mileage are you getting with the 373 rear ? 

Edited by Stephen Foster
Forgot to ask about fuel mileage

• 4 weeks later...

Some people don’t understand  there are people who would like to put larger tires on and bring the motor back into the same shift range etcetera as the 323. 373 should be available in every configuration and in GMC also!

• 2 weeks later...
I know this was a a while back but do you happen to have the original window sticker with for your truck? I am interested in ordering the off road diesel package. Also what kind of fuel mileage are you getting with the 373 rear ? 
I get high 20s on the highway, 23ish with mixed driving around town, lost 1-2 mpg with a 2" lift.