2000 7.4l oil drain plug

Hey guys, just changed the oil on my 2000 K3500 7.4l. Looks like the seal is failing. I ordered a new plug from rock auto but it wasn’t even close. All listed for my engine show the same size which cannot be right. Does anyone know the correct size? No ac deco part # on lookup. I’d assume just get a new plug with gasket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, ChevroletTough said:

M12x1.75 isn’t right.

Maybe I’ll just swap the gasket. Sucks i have to drain 7 qts of oil though ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changed my oil once and the gasket didn't seal.  I drained the oil and caught it in a clean container, replaced the gasket (actually punched one out of a piece of garlock we had at work), put the plug back in and reused the "old new" oil...only had a couple hundred miles on it when I found the gasket leaking so the oil still had plenty of life.  Plug didn't leak afterwards.

M12 too small, m14 too big. Ended up removing the crush washer on the "stock" pan bolt (pretty sure that was my issue) and replaced with the m14 synthetic washer. Have cardboard under it, but I'll be able to tell if it's leaking just by looking around it. The surface on the oil pan looked good. Hopefully this fixes it. The plug itself is in good condition so I won't replace it.

Also, pretty sure I need a radiator now too, oye this truck needs to stop kicking me!

make sure your m-12x1.75 is just that, got two  from different stores and both too big , i wanted to remove the aftermarket  valve type drain on my 5.7 and i couldn't because new plugs were too big , got out my bolt sizer and both were 14 mm