Sierra Denali window tint

Just a heads up to anyone looking to tint....matching the fronts is good but the factory "tint" is nothing more than stained glass. It doesn't deflect heat or uv rays. So your best bet is to do a mild 50% over the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Matching factory tint will not make it difficult to see at night. Going to say 5% tint will make it somewhat difficult to see at night, but worth it if you want privacy. Tint will be put on over any existing from the factory without an issue.

I really like the look of that; it's what I'd like to see on my truck. Time to look around to see who's doing tinting in my area.

All tinting will make it more difficult to see at night. Whether your eyes can adjust to it is the difference. Darker tinting will reduce night visibility to some degree. But you still should be able to navigate safely.

The key is, ensure that you obey the tint laws as established in your state. Here in SC for example, the front side windows for a crew cab truck (using mine for example) can't be any darker than 27% VLT. Must be certified film to be sold in SC, and it has to have an installer's sticker between the glass and tint for each tinted window saying the tint film meets legal requirements at the time of install. Also, cannot be red, amber, yellow, and has to be non-reflective. Unless you have a medical condition and paperwork from a doctor, you could get fined $200 and/or 30 days in jail for a misdemeanor infraction for non-legal tint. AND have to remove the illegal tint.  So that 5% front window stuff will get you in trouble in SC.  Factory tints have to meet SC standards. Which all of GM's do anyway.  

It's outta control here...some people risk it anyway, but I know the state cops here have calibrated light transmitters to check for illegal tint.

13 hours ago, 2020SierraDenali said:

All tinting will make it more difficult to see at night. Whether your eyes can adjust to it is the difference. Darker tinting will reduce night visibility to some degree. But you still should be able to navigate safely.

The key is, ensure that you obey the tint laws as established in your state. Here in SC for example, the front side windows for a crew cab truck (using mine for example) can't be any darker than 27% VLT. Must be certified film to be sold in SC, and it has to have an installer's sticker between the glass and tint for each tinted window saying the tint film meets legal requirements at the time of install. Also, cannot be red, amber, yellow, and has to be non-reflective. Unless you have a medical condition and paperwork from a doctor, you could get fined $200 and/or 30 days in jail for a misdemeanor infraction for non-legal tint. AND have to remove the illegal tint.  So that 5% front window stuff will get you in trouble in SC.  Factory tints have to meet SC standards. Which all of GM's do anyway.  

It's outta control here...some people risk it anyway, but I know the state cops here have calibrated light transmitters to check for illegal tint.

Totally agree with you!! Iowa has very strict laws. That's why I had to put 30% on front windows and 30% over my rear windows, with a 5% strip in windshield. I used to put 5% on everything along with a 35% on front windshield when I didn't live here in Iowa. 

The back factory glass also is dyed not tinted, so it doesn't reject heat, it's just for looks. That is why I always have my best friend (who owns a tinting business) tint over the back for my kids and German Shepherd pup. The heat rejection you get from tint is amazing. 

Take your time when choosing a tint shop. Ask to look at some of their work, (if possible).  Look at top of windows and along the bottom for dirt, hairs, or other contaminants.  So many guys say they can tint, but get more "crap" in the window than out of it. 

Here is my truck with 30% all around.  Good luck and congrats on the truck!

20200618_100941.jpg

Also good to keep in mind... Unless you get your windshield tinted, which is illegal in most if not all states, your front windows will get more light than the rear. So, if you truly match the fronts to the rears (let's say 20% all around), your front windows will look a little lighter than your rears. I have tinted all my rigs, most of them match jobs, and recently went a shade darker on the front windows on my Denali. For example, if the rears are 20%, get 15% on the fronts. This actually makes them look more the same all around IMO. I paid $90 for a match job on the 2 front windows in Seattle.

Best of luck! Tint is a must in my book.

Edited by grrr027
mis-type

Got my tint today! Thanks to everyone that responded! I chose not to match the rear windows because the installer told me it would be an illegal tint. But I'm glad to get that behind me. Now onto wheels!