What did you pay for your 2020 truck

Just picked up a 2021 Silverado LT 2500hd Duramax msrp 62.5k. I Traded a 19 ram rebel which was paid off. The ram had cost me 43k about 2 years ago and my chevy dealer gave me 41k for it. After negotiations I paid $11,700 cash out the door... my first diesel ever!

I did negotiated the price down first then told them about my trade-in then told them I was paying cash..

8 hours ago, Chevyguy14 said:

Just picked up a 2021 Silverado LT 2500hd Duramax msrp 62.5k. I Traded a 19 ram rebel which was paid off. The ram had cost me 43k about 2 years ago and my chevy dealer gave me 41k for it. After negotiations I paid $11,700 cash out the door... my first diesel ever!

I did negotiated the price down first then told them about my trade-in then told them I was paying cash..

Wow..... only $2K of lost value for 2 years of use, apparently I need to trade more often! 

On 2/25/2021 at 7:16 AM, Rozz522 said:

Wow..... only $2K of lost value for 2 years of use, apparently I need to trade more often! 

It's just crazy now because of inventory, I traded my 19' 1500 High Country in that I paid 53k for and got 47500 but saved 3800 in taxes on the trade. So it was like I got 51,300 for it after 2 years and 19k miles, they certified it and put it back out for 53k same I paid for it new.

https://www.autonationbuickgmcparkmeadows.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2019-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_High_Country-Lone_Tree-CO/4752043393

2 minutes ago, Z71RAD88 said:

Is anyone having any luck getting the educator discount, military, first responder discount applied? It seems hit or miss in my state at the moment, about 50/50. 

I spoke to about 6 different dealers around me, both Chevy and GMC. All of them ran me prices with the discounts. The dealer I went with was my local Chevy dealer which   gave me a price $500 under supplier but didn’t make me actually apply the supplier discount (no authorization number and verification etc). They told me when talking that they were required by GM to accept the discount and weren’t allowed to pick and choose. That’s just what I was told.

4 minutes ago, Rozz522 said:

I spoke to about 6 different dealers around me, both Chevy and GMC. All of them ran me prices with the discounts. The dealer I went with was my local Chevy dealer which   gave me a price $500 under supplier but didn’t make me actually apply the supplier discount (no authorization number and verification etc). They told me when talking that they were required by GM to accept the discount and weren’t allowed to pick and choose. That’s just what I was told.

I can kinda see that. My neighbor just bought a 2021 2500 HD Denali and the dealer wouldn’t apply her first responder discount as they said t decreased their overall sales revenue and they didn’t need to do it to sell the truck, but they still accepted the factory rebate for February. I guess it’s up to each individual buyer if they wanna call bullshit or not. Certainly with tight inventory levels, dealers have the hammer at the moment. 

When I bought mine the Chevy dealer told me they didn't have to honor GM Supplier discounts and wouldn't due to inventory. When I went to Autonation GMC they said its their own corporate policy to honor all Discunts including GM Supplier so I lucked out. I was pretty shocked that dealerships can pick and choose if they want honor these discounts!

27 minutes ago, CMillSilverado said:

When I bought mine the Chevy dealer told me they didn't have to honor GM Supplier discounts and wouldn't due to inventory. When I went to Autonation GMC they said its their own corporate policy to honor all Discunts including GM Supplier so I lucked out. I was pretty shocked that dealerships can pick and choose if they want honor these discounts!

I agree! If it comes directly from GM like rebates do, there shouldn’t be a choice. If dealers chose to not do a dealer discount, I get that part. 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my 2020 2500HD LTZ with 6.6 Turbo Diesel, crew cab long bed back in June. Retailed for a bit over 74,000, had it on sale for 63,000 and change. Weird such a steep discount with low inventories. They had only 3 2500s left, 2 white and 1 Cajun red. I went to buy the Cajun but it sold the day before. I traded in my 2019 1500 LT Z71 (Cajun Red). I paid 38,000 approx for the 1500 new in December (not including tax of course) and I paid a 30000 difference for the 2500 (again, not including tax) So I lost about 5k on the truck but saved almost 3k in taxes so a 2k loss isn't too bad.

And best of all....my 2500 gets better gas mileage than the 1500. Go figure

• 1 month later...

Got my 2020 GMC AT4 HD Duramax fully loaded for $68,500 with a sticker of $77k back in October of 2019.

I traded in a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT 1500 4x4 that was stickers at $50k but I paid $36,500 on a ridiculous Black Friday deal. Dealership took it on trade in for $30k. Drove that truck for 70k miles and 5 years and only lost $6k in depreciation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

$46K and some change, 2020, last year, 20 miles on the clock.  Is the WT version and I am super happy with it.  Got it when the 'Rona scare happen and the dealers werr drowning in inventory.  Also, the wife got the Travel Trailer 5th Wheel, 43 FT Artic Wolf for $35K, 2020 model.