ERROR | Brake Gain Not Recalled

UPDATE

After months of back and forth with the dealer, I have finally got GM to recognize there is an issue.

The Offical Statement from GM Tier 3 - Customer Service Lead | Regional GM Engineer | Dealership Service

• "Your vehicle currently has a condition that can not be corrected by General Motors at this time". "There is no time frame on a potential remedy to your issue"
  • "General Motors recommends that you do not use Profiles for Trailers on your 2020 3500 HD Truck" "Recommended that you setup each trailer..each time you pull the trailer".

The Dealer is working to trade out the LTZ with a High Country.  I hope I dont end up in the same situation with a different truck.

• 1 year later...
On 5/10/2022 at 12:36 PM, TonjaTrucker said:

I get an error message too. We have a 2022 AT4 GMC 2500 HD. It states: "Recalled Tandera Brake Gain". But when I checked with our RV supplier- they say nothing has been recalled. Has anyone had to have their software re-booted?

That message means the Truck Brake Controller System has recalled the gain you originally set for your Tandera trailer.  This is so that you don't have to manually reset the gain every time you plug it in.

It doesn't mean there is a recall on your trailer brakes.

Happy Camping! :cheers:

• 1 year later...

I do not have a fifth wheel but do have a 1500. When trying to pair the RV camera, it will only turn on camera when the ignition is in auto start. Once I engage the engine to on, the camera loses signal and unable to pair. Hopefully there is a fix/update soon

FYI, I was in the habit of backing up and connecting the 5th wheel, putting it in park and leaving the truck idling when I plugged in. More times than not, I would usually see the same message. 

I read here somewhere that turning the truck off, open the door so the informant shuts off, then plug in. Since I’ve been doing this, I have not had that nuisance message… Hope my good luck continues!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael621 said:

FYI, I was in the habit of backing up and connecting the 5th wheel, putting it in park and leaving the truck idling when I plugged in. More times than not, I would usually see the same message. 

I read here somewhere that turning the truck off, open the door so the informant shuts off, then plug in. Since I’ve been doing this, I have not had that nuisance message… Hope my good luck continues!

That does make sense.... and to think about it the only time I remember seeing it is when I haven't shut the pickup off. Every time its happened to me I dont recall it coming on again after start up. 

This also reminds me ... In the company I work for, we have machines that also have CAN controller systems but they are less advanced then automotive. When I have had issues in the past our software engineer has discussed with me that on certain non critical faults arent recorded or errors are contributed by not having all the controllers boot up at the same time. What happens is that on a system boot all controllers are looking for interaction from other controllers establishing the network, regardless the before on the last est.. Depending how the software was written these controllers will not recognize these noncritical faults or messages from "new after-boot controllers". GM has probably written the software around the parameters that the truck should be shutoff during trailer connect and we're just seeing this glitch from real life expectations.     

• Like 1