Bed camera

Yea I am looking at the brake light camera.  It was hard finding a truck with that package in my area so I just pulled the trigger thinking I could always just add one.  I have the dealer currently looking into it. I would think there must be a plug up in that outlet area and you can purchase the third brake like with camera OEM.  I was hoping the dealer could just reprogram the camera system to allow that on my touchscreen like many models already have.

• Like 1

I am also interested in this.  I tow a fifth wheel and need a view of the bed - not the bumper hitch. I would be happy if there were a way to somehow redirect the hitch view camera to view the bed instead.

• 1 year later...

I am also researching if it is possible to add a bed camera on my 3rd break light to use for a fifth wheel trailer. I have a tailgate camera but no 3rd break light camera. Is it possible to add to the infotainment system with a 7 inch screen? 

There a two ways it is done as a factory option for a bed camera. (depends on trim level)

Lower trims the view is in the mirror, higher trims the view sows up on radio screen.

UVO         Bed View Camera, camera in the CHMSL to show a view of the cargo bed, display located in rearview mirror

UVN         Bed View Camera, camera in the CHMSL to show a view of the cargo bed, display located in infotainment screen, includes Two Trailer Camera Provisions

On 12/27/2021 at 2:57 PM, redwngr said:

There a two ways it is done as a factory option for a bed camera. (depends on trim level)

Lower trims the view is in the mirror, higher trims the view sows up on radio screen.

UVO         Bed View Camera, camera in the CHMSL to show a view of the cargo bed, display located in rearview mirror

UVN         Bed View Camera, camera in the CHMSL to show a view of the cargo bed, display located in infotainment screen, includes Two Trailer Camera Provisions

I have never heard of this.  Does my one have the camera part number?