Speakers

I am going full replacement with CDT ES 6CV's front and rear doors, CDT unity 8's in the dash, an audio control DSP amp D-6.1200, a sundown 1000 watt mono amp for the sub and either a sundown SD412 or a Brahma 12 in a small sealed box. 

1 minute ago, Booma1218 said:

Are you running with an amp???Or do you just run them off the stock stereo?

No amp. I dont really crank it up like them young kids do now days. Was just looking for better sound quality. My friend has a whole setup with the same speakers hooked to an amp and sub and does sound alot better which ill probably do in the future but till then this will do for now. 

1 hour ago, 808 HI said:

No amp. I dont really crank it up like them young kids do now days. Was just looking for better sound quality. My friend has a whole setup with the same speakers hooked to an amp and sub and does sound alot better which ill probably do in the future but till then this will do for now. 

Was there a difference in the sound with the new speakers vs the stock ones?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 5:21 PM, 808 HI said:

I recommend the Kicker Key 180.4.  Had it in my jeep with Alpine Type S all around and it sounded amazing.  Only 180 watts but plenty loud for me and has a DSP built in.  Easy to hide too!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker-key-smart-180w-class-d-multichannel-amplifier-with-variable-crossover-black/6203987.p?skuId=6203987&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=404&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1268649&gclid=CjwKCAjwsan5BRAOEiwALzomXxb78A3reuTq62SSgrJqFgylNWxQ0lE8qRIk4wzDzkOFvj4V8hq4ZxoCCCIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

1 hour ago, Mike Borowski said:

I’m gonna run the kicker key 200.4 200 watts with new speakers all around. Non Bose. It’s all getting installed Saturday and Sunday. 

5 hours ago, Mike Borowski said:

is it plug and play?.???I tried reaching out to LLJ for a harness and they said not until September when they reopen. Did you cut into your factory wires?

18 minutes ago, 2nazt said:

What size did you need for front tweeters?  The doors are 6x9 and 6.5 in the rear right?

Correct. I used the 1” alpine s series tweeters and used a bracket to make them fit. I believe the original size is 2 1/4 or 2 3/4 not sure but the pickings are very limited. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 10:55 AM, 808 HI said:

Correct. I used the 1” alpine s series tweeters and used a bracket to make them fit. I believe the original size is 2 1/4 or 2 3/4 not sure but the pickings are very limited. 

Did you use any type of bass blocker or did you just hook the tweeters up direct?