1.5 months old 2020 Tahoe with terrible dashboard rattle problem

Folks, I have been dealing with endless loud rattle problems in this 1.5months old 2020 Tahoe coming from the driver side dashboard. Particular condition is that this rattle comes after 30-40 mins of driving in normal summer weather of North Carolina when temperatures are 95-98 degrees. It is a puzzle, as I cannot understand what causes the rattle to start after 30 mins of driving but never at the very start of the drive. HVAC ductwork expansion/contraction? Dashboard is heated by the sun, ductwork is cooled by AC? How do I troubleshoot? Dealer is no help as they have no idea what is wrong, replaced door panels but noise is there and very loud. You can hear it in this video https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mmyl8x9o2igkmyy/AACTlAqIH75blb9hsbcqlOE4a?dl=0

I had 2018 Yukon and it was the quietest vehicle I ever had, but 2020 is rattle box that even dealer cannot fix... 

Edited by dvzzz

Folks, I have been dealing with endless loud rattle problems in this 1.5months old 2020 Tahoe coming from the driver side dashboard. Particular condition is that this rattle comes after 30-40 mins of driving in normal summer weather of North Carolina when temperatures are 95-98 degrees. It is a puzzle, as I cannot understand what causes the rattle to start after 30 mins of driving but never at the very start of the drive. HVAC ductwork expansion/contraction? Dashboard is heated by the sun, ductwork is cooled by AC? How do I troubleshoot? Dealer is no help as they have no idea what is wrong, replaced door panels but noise is there and very loud. You can hear it in this video https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mmyl8x9o2igkmyy/AACTlAqIH75blb9hsbcqlOE4a?dl=0

I had 2018 Yukon and it was the quietest vehicle I ever had, but 2020 is rattle box that even dealer cannot fix... 

One of the comments was that his sound was coming from the top driver side just like yours did. Check out this video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Great find, not the noise that I have but I have checked and all screws are tight there. Mine is more of a squeak, creak less of rattle. Real puzzle it comes only when truck was driven for 30+ minutes with AC on and sun hitting the dash and windshield. Once it starts it continues for the duration of the drive no matter how long.

I know it could be myriad of things, and unfortunately the dealer does not know how to find the source of it. 

Edited by dvzzz

This is a very good suggestion @Russ Swift Thank you. Harbor freight has one.

46 minutes ago, Russ Swift said:

Just a thought/suggestion:  get yourself a cheap stethoscope and see if you can locate the source Or area of the noise when it happens and go from there.  Good luck.

• 10 months later...

I am having the same problem. Been in shop 3 times already and it does seem like the weather and wind has a lot to do with it. Driving me crazy. Some days is so loud you can’t talk on phone, other days it’s loud enough to you can hear it over the radio. 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...