Clunk noises in cabin

Has anyone else experienced this. When my truck sits in the sun all day and as I am driving home from work I hear randon clunks, clicks, thuds from the back seat area. Maybe rear window or seat or seems to also come from up high. Not sure how to totally describe it. It seems to happen when the truck is hot and the air conditioning is cooling down the cab. Maybe it's a material expanding and contracting as the cab cools down. It's not the end of the world but its annoying. 

Same. Leaving work after truck sits most the day in the sun, I hear one low thump from rear seat area, thinking the roof. Figured same as you, the heat. Still odd though. Other then that, about to hit 10k miles and love the truck. 

I dont hear a single noise in the mornings on the way to work but every day on the ride home I do especially if it's been baking in the sun. Even my little kids in the back get startled and say "what was that noise". For the first 10 min ride on my way home it might make a dozen clicks, clunks, pops or other various sounds. A lot of the time it seems to be coming from the rear roof, rear window or rear seat. I am actually getting my whole rear window replaced due to it leaking, however I doubt the sounds are tied to the window leak issue. I'm not that concerned but never had I owned a vehicle that made these sounds. 

On 8/10/2020 at 2:38 PM, cfc said:

Same. Leaving work after truck sits most the day in the sun, I hear one low thump from rear seat area, thinking the roof. Figured same as you, the heat. Still odd though. Other then that, about to hit 10k miles and love the truck. 

It's the rear spoiler, on the top back of your roof.  Same thing happening with 1500s.  There is some kind of torsional rigidity (or lack thereof) that is happening between the fixed plastic spoiler and the flex in the cabin body at the roof line. 

15 hours ago, Doolin-Dalton said:

It's the rear spoiler, on the top back of your roof.  Same thing happening with 1500s.  There is some kind of torsional rigidity (or lack thereof) that is happening between the fixed plastic spoiler and the flex in the cabin body at the roof line. 

Good to know. Thanks for sharing.