Was wondering if anyone has had the Borla Atak or Type S welded in, not the full catback, on their 6.2L.  I'm guessing some of you have, and for those that have, are you happy with it?  Sound clips would also be great.

I'm just looking to change up the sound, so I'm not wanting to swap in a full catback.

I have on a previous generation truck. I put a Borla XR-1 3" welded in place of the stock muffler on a 5.3L Silverado and was very happy, deep tone, nice growl at WOT, no drone, and not obnoxiously loud. 

I can't speak from experience on the 2019+ trucks but if it was me I would swap the muffler and see how you like it. If it's still too quiet you can delete resonator down the road. Someone has to go first... right?

9 hours ago, cheyenne383 said:

I have on a previous generation truck. I put a Borla XR-1 3" welded in place of the stock muffler on a 5.3L Silverado and was very happy, deep tone, nice growl at WOT, no drone, and not obnoxiously loud. 

I can't speak from experience on the 2019+ trucks but if it was me I would swap the muffler and see how you like it. If it's still too quiet you can delete resonator down the road. Someone has to go first... right?

I have no problem going first, just figured someone had done it by now on a 2019... but looks like your right, i'll go first!

Pretty sure that you get an increased exhaust pipe diameter with the full catbacks. You go from 2.75" all the way back to 3" at least to the muffler and then 3" to the tailpipes. 

I do think on the 5.3L GMPE/Borla systems, it's 3" in and 2.75" out, though. 

8 minutes ago, Chips said:

Pretty sure probably 10s of thousands have lol. I did . Just not a Borla . 

Lol well I'm not sure that many on the 2019+ Sierras, but I'm well aware I wouldn't be the first to weld in a muffler, but I assumed at least one person has welded in Borlas before I do lol

35 minutes ago, 204Denali said:

Lol well I'm not sure that many on the 2019+ Sierras, but I'm well aware I wouldn't be the first to weld in a muffler, but I assumed at least one person has welded in Borlas before I do lol

The Crate mufflers from Borla are a bit steep.

11 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

I just put the borla pro xs on my truck. It’s nice up until 60-70 then it’s a bit of droning. I love it except between that speed especially on an incline then It resonates a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the XS when your cruising along on highway? Drone still noticeable? 

I welded in a borla S type 3” or 3.5” in/out muffler only. Kept the resonators. Very similar to the gm performance exhaust. No drone. Can only tell that the DFM is working when your outside the truck and it’s idling away. Other than that it’s a nice deep subtle growl till you open it up 

On 8/23/2020 at 9:31 AM, NorthernAT4 said:

I welded in a borla S type 3” or 3.5” in/out muffler only. Kept the resonators. Very similar to the gm performance exhaust. No drone. Can only tell that the DFM is working when your outside the truck and it’s idling away. Other than that it’s a nice deep subtle growl till you open it up 

Great, what I was hoping to hear.  Prefer the sound of the S or ATAK as it seems to be louder than the XS, but was worried about cabin noise 

5 hours ago, 204Denali said:

Great, what I was hoping to hear.  Prefer the sound of the S or ATAK as it seems to be louder than the XS, but was worried about cabin noise 

Cabin drone is very minimal. Kinda nice with the new truck. If you removed the resonators it would sound good and a little loud but I’m sure the drone would pick up 

3 hours ago, NorthernAT4 said:

Cabin drone is very minimal. Kinda nice with the new truck. If you removed the resonators it would sound good and a little loud but I’m sure the drone would pick up 

I  was planning on just cutting out the stock muffler and flapper, leaving the resonators for warranty purposes.  I do agree would probably sound better without though.  I would simply go muffler delete but then my dealership would not honour my warranty if I did however.