Ditch lights

I use some rigid pods I had laying around.. needed them because the high beams leave something to be desired..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What did you use for mounts? LED pods are wasy to get but mounts are more difficult.

I only know of these and some sdhq or something like that.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Apparently the GM ones come with a mount, but i have not ordered yet. My buddy has a set on his raptor and the bracket is small and clean but they don't make a kit for the GMs

GM is changing trucks so often there seems to be less aftermarket support vs Ford and dodge

• 1 year later...
On 8/21/2020 at 1:14 PM, AdamAT4 said:

According to the description mounts are included, but its vague. They are sold as a pillar lights but the bracket could be just the standard light bracket. 463b96c4e726d44acae9dcfeec908528.jpg

For the Silverado the Baja pillar lights on the GM accessories page come with the hood hinge brackets.  I'm assuming that's also the case for the Sierra.  If ordering from the GM accessory site you do need to order the separate Baja wiring harness as well.

On 11/5/2021 at 5:33 AM, Anacortes Army Guy said:

For the Silverado the Baja pillar lights on the GM accessories page come with the hood hinge brackets.  I'm assuming that's also the case for the Sierra.  If ordering from the GM accessory site you do need to order the separate Baja wiring harness as well.

Not necessarily, and I don't recommend the wiring harness GM says you need.  The wire harness GM sells is a big mess from some other company not named Baja Designs.  It allows you to mount to the battery and you only get a key fob to turn on/off the lights.  I originally went this route and very quickly dumped it after talking to Baja Designs tech support.  I went with the GM Upfitter switches.  You'll need to buy different wire harnesses from Baja Designs if you go this route.  I don't have the exact numbers, but one is a Y-harness to bring both lights to 1 pigtail.  The other harness you plug into the Y-harness and run through the firewall to connect directly to one of the GM Upfitter switches and a ground.  You'll lose the ability to strobe your lights, which the GM harness has 2 speeds for, but who really needs that?

2 hours ago, Transient said:

Not necessarily, and I don't recommend the wiring harness GM says you need.  The wire harness GM sells is a big mess from some other company not named Baja Designs.  It allows you to mount to the battery and you only get a key fob to turn on/off the lights.  I originally went this route and very quickly dumped it after talking to Baja Designs tech support.  I went with the GM Upfitter switches.  You'll need to buy different wire harnesses from Baja Designs if you go this route.  I don't have the exact numbers, but one is a Y-harness to bring both lights to 1 pigtail.  The other harness you plug into the Y-harness and run through the firewall to connect directly to one of the GM Upfitter switches and a ground.  You'll lose the ability to strobe your lights, which the GM harness has 2 speeds for, but who really needs that?

On the accessories page for my GM account, the wiring harness is described as being a Baja Designs harness, just as the lamps and brackets are. They may be a better option, such as the GM upfitter switches, but I assumed that the Baja Designs harness would best support their lights, but if Baja Designs outsourced their harness and just put their name on it, then maybe not.     https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/wire-harness-by-baja-designs-associated-accessories-19369744?model=Silverado 1500&modelId=491&bodyId=22&body=Crew Cab Pickup&wheelId=651&wheel=Short Box&trimId=430&trim=LT&driveId=8&drive=4WD&engineId=2059&engine=5.3L V8 GAS&bodyNumDoors=5&year=2020&make=Chevrolet&categoryId=171502

Edited by Anacortes Army Guy

On 11/9/2021 at 5:22 AM, Transient said:

I just bought the GM upfitter switch kit (from an online parts store)  and then I used point to get the Baja Designs pillar lights off the GMC accessories page. Like a fool i figured they would come with the wiring the kit. I'm definitely not interested in a 3rd party wiring kit with a key fob that gm claims is Baja Designs. I want to find an official baja designs wiring kit that doesn't come with the key fob (the last thing i need is another frigging key fob) that can be wired into the gm upfitter switches. 

It sounds like you bought a wiring kit from Baja and then successfully hooked it into your upffiters. Can you tell me how you did that? Any pics? If no pics, can you do a quick description of how the wires were wired? Specially, i assume the kit had mulitple wires, one that you connected to the GM switch and the other wire complete the circuit, did you connect it to the negative terminal on the batter or just to good ground? 

I have the uppfitter switch I went through the Install it was a pain but I got it done. there are so many things that the guys leave out when you see the videos on you tube but I appreciate them and understand there  are so many steps and little helpful hints its probably hard to remember. I stared recording an install vid. and just finished the install instead. Any way can someone tell me or send me int the right direction to connect my fog lights and other lights to the upfitter aux please?

Edited by Mr. So AndSo
  • Thanks 1