Warranty up. What next?

Very nice.

If you want to learn HP tuners for your self just so you can log and know what your looking at and poke around in the tune.  Go look up Goat Rope Garage and watch all his tuning 101 video's.  He is very specific to the GEN V platform. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/GoatRopeGarage/featured

Very nice.

If you want to learn HP tuners for your self just so you can log and know what your looking at and poke around in the tune.  Go look up Goat Rope Garage and watch all his tuning 101 video's.  He is very specific to the GEN V platform. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/GoatRopeGarage/featured

Yeah I'm starting to familiarize myself with the software and have watched alot of the goat rope stuff. Still easier to pay someone, don't necessarily trust myself on a torque based ECU lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, tyler.frost92 said:

Yeah I'm starting to familiarize myself with the software and have watched alot of the goat rope stuff. Still easier to pay someone, don't necessarily trust myself on a torque based ECU lol.

I was the same way at first when I got my cam.  Plus my truck is my DD so I needed it up and running ASAP once rebuild it after I stuck a lifter.  I did just a cam first then added headers, intake and wideband later once got more funds to play with the truck.  By then I learned enough to do all the changes for the new mods by flowing Goat Rope and what I learned from the HP tuner forum.  She runs great now.

On 8/26/2020 at 1:54 PM, tyler.frost92 said:

Passed 60k over the weekend. Thinking of ordering an MPVI2 through HP tuners and tinkering around. Mainly to shut off AFM, adjust fan logic, tire size, etc. Then eventually do some logs and get it tuned (local/remote). I don't necessarily trust my self adjusting more than that without seeing some examples, base tunes, etc. The logic on these ECMs seems way more complicated than standard LS stuff. Has anyone done these things in HPT and care to help? Is it worth logging with a wideband for a (at the moment) lower thermostat, intake, exhaust only setup? I look forward to eventually getting the TCM unlocked and smoothing the 8 speed out. 3ae8b7591549e6b261912bd28e9cff13.jpg

try preston moores website, he has lots of cool info , hes also got a good youtube page to get you started

On 8/26/2020 at 3:09 PM, tyler.frost92 said:

Yes adjust fan settings/logic to compliment the katech 174 tstat. My 8 speed has always seemed to run cooler than other people's, but I wouldn't be opposed to removing the trans tstat/flipping the pill

do you have grill shutters? reason i ask is , I would like to figure out how to adjust the opening closing sequence ,but i doubt HPT has access to this?

was toying with the idea of removing engine t-stat, and installing a restrictor in place, and running open, while using the shutters to regulate the radiator temp.

do you have grill shutters? reason i ask is , I would like to figure out how to adjust the opening closing sequence ,but i doubt HPT has access to this?
was toying with the idea of removing engine t-stat, and installing a restrictor in place, and running open, while using the shutters to regulate the radiator temp.

From what I've poked around, I've seen nothing to regulate the shutters

• 2 months later...

Been ages since I've been on here. Cam swap was completed. Drove it for about a month until it was time to park it for winter. Ran into some remote tuning issues but it was driveable. It will be getting Dyno tuned in spring to get that all ironed out. Ordered a flex fuel sensor, 20 feet of 1.75 DOM to build my radius bar/bumper/skid plate setup. Sent the TCM out to HPT for unlock, installed a pillar pod with my edge CTS monitor and AEM wideband, also in the process of getting the king's revalved for more abuse and down travel. Hoping to get deaver j1 mini packs and dirtking shackles and hangers ordered soon as well. Needless to say I'm ready for warmer weather so I can start wrenching again [emoji28].

a013b8ec3bcb557fefe0067cb705d0f3.jpg3e4cb4c17851bb5a642eabc286cfc910.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 7:04 AM, flyingfool said:

Was talking with Lew and Diablew tuning about the shutters, there is no access to this within the ECM.

Even with my 174, I still see ECT in the 190s consistently due to a lack of airflow across the radiator. 

From what I gather (AC compressor OFF), the shutters will open when slowing / almost stopped. Remain open when stopped and at speeds up to high 20s and then close at about 30mph and stay closed thereafter.

I'll probably just trick the grill shutter motor and remove the vanes.

6 hours ago, 14burrito said:

Was talking with Lew and Diablew tuning about the shutters, there is no access to this within the ECM.

Even with my 174, I still see ECT in the 190s consistently due to a lack of airflow across the radiator. 

From what I gather (AC compressor OFF), the shutters will open when slowing / almost stopped. Remain open when stopped and at speeds up to high 20s and then close at about 30mph and stay closed thereafter.

I'll probably just trick the grill shutter motor and remove the vanes.

i've posted this question about shutter tuning on the HPT forum, yet no one has said anything about it in  over a week. I might have to give tech support a ring and see what they have to say.  i really like the idea of the shutters for dialing in the ect temp. a 175 t-stat operates at about 165 F on the highway, a bit too cold  but i'm not having any issues from this. so who cares then!

Edited by flyingfool

11 hours ago, flyingfool said:

i've posted this question about shutter tuning on the HPT forum, yet no one has said anything about it in  over a week. I might have to give tech support a ring and see what they have to say.  i really like the idea of the shutters for dialing in the ect temp. a 175 t-stat operates at about 165 F on the highway, a bit too cold  but i'm not having any issues from this. so who cares then!

I live in AZ, morning drives to work place me in the 30s and I'm seeing low/mid 180s. 

With amb temps warmer in the afternoon, seeing low/mid 190s.

I think where the most benefit will come is during the AZ summer. I noticed that when I cycle the HVAC on (engage compressor) the grill shutters started to open when at speeds above 30mph. Meaning, in the summer the compressor loads going to be high and I expect my shutters to be controlled open majority or the time. If this turns out to not be the case, that's when I'll work on tricking the vane motor. Otherwise, dont really see much need for the effort yet.