2017 Tahoe tow capacity

Just like the rest of the world apparently, we’re looking to get a camper.  Trying to figure out the tow capacity of my wife’s 2017 Tahoe LT. The manual says it’s either 6600lbs or 8400lbs (close to those numbers, do t have it in Front of me), depending on gear ratio. 

how do I figure that out? Vin 1GNSKBKC7HR187722. 

also, my buddies expedition’s manual says how much capacity a weight distribution hitch adds. Any idea on the Tahoe?

Thanks 

2wd 6600 w/o Max Trailering

2wd 8600 w/ Max Trailering

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/chevrolet/na/us/english/index/articles/truck-life/trailering-and-towing-guide/02-pdfs/2017-chevrolet-trailering-and-towing-guide.pdf

Tahoe is page 13

VIN showing invalid

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/vindecoder.php?invalid=true

for an easy to view/read RPO - email: [email protected]

they will respond asking for your VIN.

Edited by 14burrito

On 8/30/2020 at 7:55 PM, mattd said:

Just like the rest of the world apparently, we’re looking to get a camper.  Trying to figure out the tow capacity of my wife’s 2017 Tahoe LT. The manual says it’s either 6600lbs or 8400lbs (close to those numbers, do t have it in Front of me), depending on gear ratio. 

how do I figure that out? Vin 1GNSKBKC7HR187722

also, my buddies expedition’s manual says how much capacity a weight distribution hitch adds. Any idea on the Tahoe?

Thanks 

Something is wrong with your VIN number.  The last 8 digits comes up as a 2017 GMC Yukon.  I can pull up the gearing and tow rating but if you can check your VIN again.   

Edited by newdude

On 9/1/2020 at 1:49 PM, newdude said:

Something is wrong with your VIN number.  The last 8 digits comes up as a 2017 GMC Yukon.  I can pull up the gearing and tow rating but if you can check your VIN again.   

Sorry. Fat fingered one character....

1GNSKBKC7HR187712

thanks