Any ‘15 Tahoe Issues?

Hello all, 

I just picked up a 2015 Tahoe and came across this forum while browsing the web. Got it on Carvana so wanted to ask if there are any issues I should look out for before my 7 day return time is up. The truck is an LT with the luxury and max towing packages. Only has 18.7k miles.  So far everything seems to be working great. Anything I should look/listen for?

Appreciate the feedback.

Hello all, 

I just picked up a 2015 Tahoe and came across this forum while browsing the web. Got it on Carvana so wanted to ask if there are any issues I should look out for before my 7 day return time is up. The truck is an LT with the luxury and max towing packages. Only has 18.7k miles.  So far everything seems to be working great. Anything I should look/listen for?

Appreciate the feedback.

2015 is known for some issues you have to look/ask for.
Radiator is know for a leak on this specific model, check it out.
A common issue is to get interior lights illuminate when pressing the break, I think the fix is to replace tail lights.
For other high milages vehicles, you have to check and ask for the trans fluid change intervals at the maintenance. It should have been replaced regularly. Torque converter is a common issue in all 15-20 GM trucks. In your case since the model and the low milage, I guess it needs to replace all fluid since it has been sit for a while without moving a lot (trans fluid and transfer case if equipped/engine oil/break fluid bleeding/coolant fluid if needed and so on)

My son had a 15 with electrical issues that couldn’t be fixed. Lights blinking while driving. Low speed stalling. It was common enough that they separated electrical issues from other services. There was a waiting list. Frustrated he traded it off at a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man it has to be a lot of lipstick on that truck to be at least 5 yrs old with 19K miles.  Some of the issues in the previous posts were not the bulk of the problems with that year, most of the conversation dealt with some form of buffeting, pressure, shaking, and vibration.  There was a lot of conversation from the same folks about those issues and if you were an owner with any of those issues, most got rid of the truck.  If the truck was bought from an older owner, maybe the 19K miles at that age could be believable it might not have any major issues.  But buying that truck from other than a major dealership or older owner, I would be skeptical.  Personally I would not have bought the truck. 

Now don't get me wrong, I have Tahoe LT and never had any transmission, suspension, mechanical, or any engine issues and my truck is over 6 yrs old (bought Feb 2014).  I've had a couple of aesthetic things go wrong.  My truck is actually the best new vehicle I have ever owned.  So you might get lucky and the truck could have come off the assembly line next to mine.  But 19K at 5yrs from a non-dealer or older owner, make sure you read the posts on this forum that dealt with the bolded items above.        

Thanks for all the feedback. I will look for the mentioned issues. The carfax shows it as a one-time lease and a couple of auctions to various dealers. No dealer buy back or lemon law issues (verified via lemon law attorney). I went with Carvana because several friends have used them and recommended it. Will update if anything comes up. 

• 2 weeks later...