? about defect spot in brand new black trailboss

garymcel

hi just got my new 6.2 midnight edition trail boss two weeks ago as i was washing it yesterday i noticed what i thought was a dent in driver side back door about half way down dooor, as i started to loose my mind thinking someone hit it with their door i noticed it is not dented it is a spot about the size of a thumb print that looks like it was buffed at factory and made like a flat spot, the paint around it has the orange peel look like the rest of truck does but in that spot it does not have the orange peel it is smooth as glass which makes it look like a dent if you look at it from angles so the question i have is what should i do i contacted dealer and they are gonna have there detailer look at it i know detailing cant fix it it would have to be taken down blended in and re paint to fix it i hate to have a brand new door sanded and repainted what would you guys do i also made a complaint with chevy so it would be on record that it has a problem. i hate to be nit picky but for as much as these trucks cost i dont want to have to look at that spot every time i look at the truck and since i noticed it my eyes go right to it every time.   tell me you guys opinions what would you do...... thanks

See if dealer will repaint. If they won’t fix to your satisfaction contact GM and that should get the ball rolling. 

I hate going to the dealer for issues as well, not impressed with my dealers at all but if you can’t live with it then definitely take it in while you have bumper to bumper warranty. 

once 3yr 36k miles is up your living with it. 

My 2018 has a piece of dirt or flake in the paint but it’s where the anti chip paint is on rocker panel. I can live with that vs taking it in and hope they don’t overspray my door or scratch good paint. 

One thing I don’t like on K2xx and t1xx is the new door design with the rocker exposed. You now see the rocker where people drug their foot getting in and out which makes minor scuffs and scratches. The older design had the door cover this area so you only see it when doors open. 3M  clear bra won’t stick to the anti chip paint. 

I constantly remind my family to not step on the paint! the the plastic door sill and then the ground. 

19 minutes ago, 2018GMC said:

My 2018 has a piece of dirt or flake in the paint but it’s where the anti chip paint is on rocker panel. I can live with that vs taking it in and hope they don’t overspray my door or scratch good paint. 

One thing I don’t like on K2xx and t1xx is the new door design with the rocker exposed. You now see the rocker where people drug their foot getting in and out which makes minor scuffs and scratches. The older design had the door cover this area so you only see it when doors open. 3M  clear bra won’t stick to the anti chip paint. 

I constantly remind my family to not step on the paint! the the plastic door sill and then the ground. 

That anti chip paint is not true, I’ve found two chips already and my truck has only been off the lot a few months. Nothing is ever true it seems these days. 

49 minutes ago, garymcel said:

hi just got my new 6.2 midnight edition trail boss two weeks ago as i was washing it yesterday i noticed what i thought was a dent in driver side back door about half way down dooor, as i started to loose my mind thinking someone hit it with their door i noticed it is not dented it is a spot about the size of a thumb print that looks like it was buffed at factory and made like a flat spot, the paint around it has the orange peel look like the rest of truck does but in that spot it does not have the orange peel it is smooth as glass which makes it look like a dent if you look at it from angles so the question i have is what should i do i contacted dealer and they are gonna have there detailer look at it i know detailing cant fix it it would have to be taken down blended in and re paint to fix it i hate to have a brand new door sanded and repainted what would you guys do i also made a complaint with chevy so it would be on record that it has a problem. i hate to be nit picky but for as much as these trucks cost i dont want to have to look at that spot every time i look at the truck and since i noticed it my eyes go right to it every time.   tell me you guys opinions what would you do...... thanks

When I got my new black high country in April I just signed papers walked outside and in the sunlight I noticed it had a door ding right in the passenger door. They tried PDR’ing it but couldn’t get to it because of an intrusion inside the door.  They offered to repaint I said H£LL no, so they took off another black door off another high country in the lot.  I looked it over up and down and it looks perfect now

i do notice since mine is black a few fish eyes in the paint. Is that what you have??  If so they can wet sand those out if they know what they are doing. I’d stay away from repaint. It will never be the same. 
good luck. Sucks you gotta deal with that paying so much money for these trucks. 

I've got the same truck you have (black Midnight Edition, 6.2) and I've noticed a flaw or two in the finish but like most have suggested I don't want them to try to fix and possibly create other issues.  Fortunately mine are less noticeable, as I have to look pretty hard to see them, but it is clear they tried to address it on the assembly line by buffing the spot...just didn't do a very good job!