Anybody else waiting for a tune?

Requested an update to my Black Bear Tune on August 10. I was told it was 20+ business days to get back. Today I'm still 67 on their to do list. Anybody else waiting or recently got a tune updated. Curious what your wait time was.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk. My build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/192614-Tenscourts'-2016-LTZ/Z71-CCSB-4WD-Silverado

I requested my update on July 7 and told the same 20 business day wait. Still waiting. I don't know what position I'm in.
That's depressing... My truck was just regeared from 3.42 to 4.10. The shop that did the work loaned me a hypertech for the speedometer but my shift points are horrible. Had no idea it would take this long to get an update.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk. My build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/192614-Tenscourts'-2016-LTZ/Z71-CCSB-4WD-Silverado

I had my tune after a couple of weeks. Then I noticed they had the wrong tire size in my tune so my speedometer is off by 4-7 MPH depending on my speed. Took a couple of weeks to fix that but partly my fault, I had told them to wait for my updated logs but they did send me the update anyways. I'm expecting another couple of weeks for any updates after my new logs. They're busy right now, long line of wait listing, going one by one and it's not easy work, it's not like they can turn around a file in an hour. I mean they probably could but busy work is busy work and I'm sure they're working hard.

Best part is at least the wait is worth the wait.

I had my tune after a couple of weeks. Then I noticed they had the wrong tire size in my tune so my speedometer is off by 4-7 MPH depending on my speed. Took a couple of weeks to fix that but partly my fault, I had told them to wait for my updated logs but they did send me the update anyways. I'm expecting another couple of weeks for any updates after my new logs. They're busy right now, long line of wait listing, going one by one and it's not easy work, it's not like they can turn around a file in an hour. I mean they probably could but busy work is busy work and I'm sure they're working hard.

Best part is at least the wait is worth the wait.
When did you request yours to get it back in a couple weeks. My frustration is being told 20+ business days and now hearing after a month I'm still 67 on the list. I'm not even providing logs at this point. I just wanted adjustments for my new gears. I had planned to get logs after that adjustment and request another update. Sounds like I wouldn't get that update till the end of the year if not next. I'm not trying to bash them. Previous experience has been great but all my correspondence was with Justin. I read somewhere that he left and that has me worried what future customer service will be like.

He hasn't left, unless your talking very recent. Have tried calling? I found it the best way to reach out to them.
I went searching and found the post. It was from may of 2019 and the person said he moved out of state and was no longer there. I had to re-read it a couple times but it doesn't say he left the company. It just says he isn't physically there anymore so I guess I misunderstood the post. My initial email this time around was very friendly. I told them I was having my truck regeared the following week and needed an update. They told me the wait was 20+ business days. The shop doing the work advised against driving the truck without an updated tune so I was pretty disappointed to hear how long the wait was. BBP said I could drive it without the update but my ABS lights etc. would come on. Due to covid-19 the gears were delayed so my re-gear turned into three weeks instead of the following week but I still hadn't heard back from BBP about my tune so the shop had me take my truck back to stock then loaned me a hypertech max energy 2.0 to adjust for tires and gearing until I get my updated tune back from BBP. I have a very long story about how I had a detroit TrueTrac installed 3 months ago and had a weird noise afterwards which led to every single bearing, ABS ring, and ultimately the ring and pinion being replaced in the rear housing. When we decided to change the ring and pinion I went straight for the 4.10 because of my lift and tires. If I was going to spend the money I might as well get a better ratio. So now the rear is 4.10 and the front is still 3.42 which means I can't use 4x4 and I'm not willing to cough up the money to regear the front until I'm certain the rear end issue is resolved. I'm not willing to say the rear end issue is resolved until I get my updated tune with the correct shift points. It's a vicious cycle. And if anyone is wondering why the tune matters in relation to the noise it's because the noise occurs when I'm coasting. Without an updated TCM I'm almost never under a free coast because the transmission isn't shifting properly so the resistance from being in the wrong gear means I can't honestly say the rear end issue is resolved. I've got a good 500 miles on the new gears but without the update I'm still not comfortable saying it's resolved and dropping the money to re-gear the front... So after all that to be told I'm still 67 on the list after a month of waiting is frustrating then seeing the first response I got in this thread from the person who has been waiting since July makes me even more frustrated. The noise isn't BBP's issue but finding out the 20+ day estimate they gave me is not even close to being accurate is irritating. When I emailed after a month to see if there was an ETA I was told no and they had 116 on their to do list. They didn't bother to tell me where I was on the list which seems like a logical piece of information to provide so I replied and asked and was told I was currently 67. I have no idea how long the list was when I got on it.

Your aware how their email system works right? You should have sent one email and left it at that, any additional emails just kicks you further down the list. You are essentially responsible for how long its taking to get your tune. Call them, I'm sure they'll bump you up the list immediately.

Your aware how their email system works right? You should have sent one email and left it at that, any additional emails just kicks you further down the list. You are essentially responsible for how long its taking to get your tune. Call them, I'm sure they'll bump you up the list immediately.
I've never been told that. I have an email thread going back to June 2017 when I first bought the AutoCal. When I need an update I just reply to the thread. I'll call Monday.

Just want to add some info in regards to tune updates.  Unfortunately due to being inundated with tune update request since March (people being off work due to covid and so on) we have a very long wait list, 20+ business days, at any given day now for updates. We want to keep offering this free service to our customers,  and appreciate everyone's patience with this as we are doing everything we can to get these updates done. 

Also with our email, our email server groups emails by conversation and each new email in that conversation resets the entire email chain to the top of the queue and we answer from the bottom to get to the oldest emails first. This wont effect your position on the to do list though, just how quickly an email is answered. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. Thank again. 

Just want to add some info in regards to tune updates.  Unfortunately due to being inundated with tune update request since March (people being off work due to covid and so on) we have a very long wait list, 20+ business days, at any given day now for updates. We want to keep offering this free service to our customers,  and appreciate everyone's patience with this as we are doing everything we can to get these updates done. 

Also with our email, our email server groups emails by conversation and each new email in that conversation resets the entire email chain to the top of the queue and we answer from the bottom to get to the oldest emails first. This wont effect your position on the to do list though, just how quickly an email is answered. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. Thank again. 
Thanks. I did call today and this is exactly what I was told. I appreciate you clearing that up.

• Like 1