2020 2500 SLT DEAD

Got my truck back about 3pm yesterday. They replaced the main battery saying it was testing bad. I went several places after with no issues. Seems odd for a battery to die in 9 months but i guess it happens...

My screen did not have issues prior to having the battery replaced. I read the other forum about the radio display but i have not been remote starting too often lately. If i do, the screen comes on with no issues.

10 hours ago, bowtie2007 said:

They replaced the main battery saying it was testing bad. I went several places after with no issues. Seems odd for a battery to die in 9 months but i guess it happens...

That is strange.  Would seem the second battery would at least power things up and give you some kind of something on the display.  Far as the delco battery quality, the last delco battery I had prior to this new truck was in our 12 impala.  It made it just past the 3 year mark and crapped out with no warning.  Have had better luck from wally world maxx batteries.  

Guess I need to figure out which battery is the primary, honestly have not looked real close at them yet.  

9 hours ago, shadow gray 2020 hd said:

That is strange.  Would seem the second battery would at least power things up and give you some kind of something on the display.  Far as the delco battery quality, the last delco battery I had prior to this new truck was in our 12 impala.  It made it just past the 3 year mark and crapped out with no warning. 

Same thing on my 13 Impala.  Pretty typical now a days that batteries in modern vehicles only make it 3-4 years.  Regardless of the brand. 

Multiple short runs spread out over days and weeks and months is not going to allow sufficient time for the battery to be properly charged.  Consider getting a battery tender to keep it charged up and to keep crud off the lead plates so the battery can keep and hold a full charge.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Multiple short runs spread out over days and weeks and months is not going to allow sufficient time for the battery to be properly charged.  Consider getting a battery tender to keep it charged up and to keep crud off the lead plates so the battery can keep and hold a full charge.   

EXACTLY.