Has anyone successfully added the qt6 power up and down to their Silverado custom trail boss

12 minutes ago, Rally6.2RST said:

what are specs on relay?  where did you get yours?  I know nothing about them.  I want to do the relay way instead of using old actuator.  what i did was kinda ghetto but i had to work with my limit knowledge and was really trying to get fob to work.

Just any relay will do you can get one from autozone for a few bucks or I got a pack of 5 from Amazon so I can use the other relays for other projects, just make sure the coil side is 12v.

this is exactly what I got https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RWV470O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_QQkakJcmsjjSg

Just now, Aaaaaaaayush said:

Just any relay will do you can get one from autozone for a few bucks or I got a pack of 5 from Amazon so I can use the other relays for other projects, just make sure the coil side is 12v.

this is exactly what I got https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RWV470O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_QQkakJcmsjjSg

They make waterproof ones but I don’t think it will be that much of an issue inside the tailgate.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I know my question is slightly off topic but the help I need requires knowledge of details such as the ones in your posts. I keep finding that visually there is no difference between the four tailgates of QT2, QT3, QT5 & QT6 from the factory on 2019-2022 Chevy Silverado 1500's. But I have seen trucks (not knowing which tailgate # they have) that have the raised center section/bump on the top of the tailgate and some that do not have that and are flat. 

We build truck caps and they require different rear door skirts if they have or don't have this raised section/bump. Can anyone enlighten me or should I just start a new topic about such a thing? We thought it was going to be related to the Multi-Flex tailgate and it may still be......However it's not as easy as they have the Multi-Flex so therefore we use skirt A. There's obviously more to it than that. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Gina

• 3 months later...
On 9/25/2020 at 8:13 PM, Rally6.2RST said:

i installed everything today.  didnt work.  there is clicking from module when i press handle button but nothing else happens.  i will play with it more.

mine has the clicking sound as well and i dont have a module or anything...

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing all this information.    I don't NEED a Power Up QT6 lift... But I sure would APPRECIATE having it.  I have a special needs daughter and lift a wheelchair in and out my pickup several times a day.

A friend of mine is helping me get this to work.  We purchased all the part numbers mentioned in these posts.  We knew the new module (pn 84652297) would not work unless it was first installed in a truck with this factory option to wake it up, but we purchased it with the idea of finding someone if needed.  Currently, if we hook up the new module, it will beep, but that is all.  We purchased a used module of pn 84651736.  It will not even beep.  So, we purchased another used one, thinking this one may just be bad.  But it is doing nothing as well.

We are stuck.  Any ideas?  Purchase another used module?  Where is a good place to do that?  Other ideas of something we may have done wrong?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 1:08 PM, Rally6.2RST said:

in closed position, if i hit handle button it beeps.  i think the qt6 tailgate is supposed to beep in down position. right now i think in up position it thinks it is down.  maybe i need to take out motor and spin motor 90 degrees?

i have succesfully added memory seats without programming so i was hopefull this would work too.

@Rally6.2RST do you have details on how you added memory seats?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 8:16 PM, OLRED said:

Thank you for sharing all this information.    I don't NEED a Power Up QT6 lift... But I sure would APPRECIATE having it.  I have a special needs daughter and lift a wheelchair in and out my pickup several times a day.

A friend of mine is helping me get this to work.  We purchased all the part numbers mentioned in these posts.  We knew the new module (pn 84652297) would not work unless it was first installed in a truck with this factory option to wake it up, but we purchased it with the idea of finding someone if needed.  Currently, if we hook up the new module, it will beep, but that is all.  We purchased a used module of pn 84651736.  It will not even beep.  So, we purchased another used one, thinking this one may just be bad.  But it is doing nothing as well.

We are stuck.  Any ideas?  Purchase another used module?  Where is a good place to do that?  Other ideas of something we may have done wrong?

Thank you!

Make sure the tailgate switch you install in dash is for power up down tailgate not just power down.  Were your tailgate lock actuators new? 

On 1/29/2022 at 2:07 PM, Ricky_Starbucks said:

@Rally6.2RST do you have details on how you added memory seats?

Here you go.